Notices

VBOX Circuit Tools

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 10:19 PM
grega99
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default VBOX Circuit Tools

I've been playing with VBOX Circuit Tools with some old data from the previous owner of my 991 Cup. It seems like a fairly robust tool with all the basics - throttle, brake, speed, etc plotted with video. Is it worth trying to figure out Pi Toolbox? I'm not even sure where the data is that's used with Toolbox. Most of my data analysis experience is with RaceStudio with AiM MXS providing the data. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:43 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

When I work with teams at pro races, Toolbox is used for health checks and engineering the car.

In the debrief with all of us and the drivers, we use Circuit Tools. Not only can you tell throttle commitment and brake speed/amplitude/release, but you can see steering and all of the most important driver inputs.

Mostly, we're looking at dividing the track into pieces (checkered flag icon, top left), and clicking on every purple segment that is NOT included in the fast lap, which opens an instant comparison to see what the driver did to DO that.

By reviewing the video AND the data showing the attitude, heading, car placement and apex approach and exit, we can find what works and do MORE of that.

So yes, Circuit Tools is more than adequate. Even in an AiM equipped car, it's quicker for us to find time using Circuit Tools than RaceStudio 3.

Can perform the post session analysis for driver improvement MUCH quicker than in Toolbox (without some very sophisticated workbooks) and with no video validation capable of being pulled in.

The 250 or so VBOX equipped clients I work with at track days and club races in 991.1 GT3 Cup/991.2 GT3 Cup/992 GT3 Cup/718 GT4 CS/718 GT4 CS RS don't usually download or look at the Cosworth data, when I'm with them or when they're on their own.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Last edited by ProCoach; 06-30-2022 at 10:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
grega99 (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 01:02 PM
grega99
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Peter,

Thank you for the detail. Much appreciated response.

On a side note, I'm interested in using your services. What's the best way to chat about that?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 07-01-2022, 02:49 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by grega99
Peter,

Thank you for the detail. Much appreciated response.

On a side note, I'm interested in using your services. What's the best way to chat about that?

Thanks,
Greg
Please send me a DM with your contact info. Will do also. Thanks.

Quick Reply: VBOX Circuit Tools