Notices

AIM GPS issues on Radical SR3

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 11:57 PM
Cirrusdriver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default AIM GPS issues on Radical SR3

A couple of my friends and I took deliveries of new SR3 XX’s. We have certainly had our share of teething problems but the worst is AIM data and steering wheel issues that our local dealer or Radical cannot solve. We are getting no GPS speed or lap times on the display(SW4 wheel).

The system is configured as follows from the factory…GPS module connects into the Smarty Cam and then the smarty cam connects to the PDM(power distribution module) which sends the display signal to the wheel.

The camera has a very strong GPS signal and show the marching ant(red dot) on the track overlay on downloaded videos. It does not seem to be a hardware problem. I’ve deleted and re-loaded the track on the smarty cam and the pdm. All firmware is up to date.

I ran with Radical Cup at Road America and both factory techs couldn’t figure it out. The lap timer was working briefly until they updated the track in the PDM.

If anybody has any other suggestions I would love to hear it.

P.S. There is a duplicate post on the Radical forum(not much traffic there so I thought I’d post here too)

Quick Reply: AIM GPS issues on Radical SR3