Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by SphinxRacing
Matt - quick update. First, thank you for all of your help with resolving this issue. Second, after sending a bunch of files to aim support, they think they found the issue. The trigger RPM to record was set too high. I thought that once triggered, it would record until the car is restarted. Because, IIRC, the setting is for when to start recording, not when to stop. But evidently, if the RPMs fall below that number, even if at 100MPH, then, boom, restart of data collection.

I ran a race a couple of weeks ago and I played around with the fan switch again to see if it would trigger the problem - it didn't. So, running another race this weekend. Hopefully, won't happen again.

Again, thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it.
No problem and I'm glad you got it worked out. I had actually followed up with the guys and they had thought you had it solved. They are really top notch and make my job easy!

Mistakes from the parameter settings are not uncommon and I think AiM need to do a better job on explaining it's start AND stop. There was someone on FB just this weekend that had the same problem.
Old 06-14-2022, 02:04 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 336 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
No problem and I'm glad you got it worked out. I had actually followed up with the guys and they had thought you had it solved. They are really top notch and make my job easy!

Mistakes from the parameter settings are not uncommon and I think AiM need to do a better job on explaining it's start AND stop. There was someone on FB just this weekend that had the same problem.
Even better would be separate start and stop parameters. I'd love to start at 35 mph and stop at engine off.
Old 06-14-2022, 09:00 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller
Even better would be separate start and stop parameters. I'd love to start at 35 mph and stop at engine off.
Been on the list for a few years. MoTeC and VBOX completely customizable start/stop parameters.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-14-2022, 10:07 PM
freeride
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski

I knew this at one point, forgot, and yea, had this exact problem last week. Matt helped fix it and all was good.
Different start / stop params just seems so obvious.
But AiM should at least fix the wording to make it clear what the parameter actually does.
The following users liked this post:
DTMiller (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 09:12 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 336 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Been on the list for a few years. MoTeC and VBOX completely customizable start/stop parameters.
My $400 RoadKeeper camera has the feature.

Quick Reply: Merging Data Files