Notices

Racevoice vs. Apex Pro for real-time in-car feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 10:23 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,347 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloud9...68
Sorry for the confusion I've created. I drive two cars for different purposes. I own a track-prepped Porsche 968 with an Evo4S that I use in DE-style sessions at local tracks in and around Austin, Texas where I live. This is the car I've spent most of this thread referring to.

I also participate in an arrive-and-drive race series where I drive a rented Radical SR1 at Atlanta Motorsports Park. I was going to mention that it would be great if I could add some sort of in-car feedback product to the Radical, but recognize that this will be challenging, since it isn't my car. I'm open to any suggestions as to how I might be able to pull this off, but of course I will have to get approval from the head of the organization (Primal Racing) that owns the Radicals. The Radicals do have some sort of Aim systems in them as well.
the SR1 is a nice, albeit older car. Would need to know what AiM is on there, and if the second 22-pin Autosport connector is open. I have plug and play cables for that for the RaceVoice. Let me know.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 09-22-2021, 10:52 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

If I remembered correctly and their is a Smartycam feed available, it works easily. My experience with the Radicals is the 22 pin connector is used.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:56 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
If I remembered correctly and their is a Smartycam feed available, it works easily. My experience with the Radicals is the 22 pin connector is used.
Yes, for Radicals built with the MXL2 dash in place. If this is a Gen2 SR1, it has an MXL2. If it's a first gen, it does not. I'm fortunate to have one of the largest and best Radical dealers across the street from my office at VIR, Wisko.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:00 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Here's a nice manual for using the latest AiM offerings in the Radical: https://orbit.brightbox.com/v1/acc-j...pdf?1570790927

Quick Reply: Racevoice vs. Apex Pro for real-time in-car feedback?