Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts
Default AiM Steering Wheel 4 Release / In Stock

While not probably a wheel someone is going to run in a Porsche (well, production Porsche), I thought people might be interested in checking out the new SW4 AiM released. It's what is used in the new Radical and integrated with the PDM32. It has a full data logger, CAN enabled push button and rotary switches, 2 analog switches, display, alarm lights, shift lights, CAN out, and AiM expansion modules. The wheel comes with a selection of button inserts that go in the silver buttons.

The wheel has a really great feel to it and is really nicely made - the same quality that is in the dashes and other products. I have the 270, 280, and 320mm versions in stock along with the shift paddles and car side harness.

'm the first and only to have them right now. I've been waiting months! If you want to check them out more, I have the website here https://trailbrake.com/shop/steering...isplay-logger/ I have them in stock, ready to ship if anyone needs one!

280mm AiM SW4.

280mm AiM SW4.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:52 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Car side harness.

Optional shift paddles.

I forgot photos of the car side harness and gear shift paddles.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:09 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Definitely a very nice looking piece of kit! The only thing that I found a little hard to swallow was it's over 5lbs! I know a number of my Prototype peers feel the same where we love the look, the functionality but are finding it hard to swallow the weight penalty. Did you find any lead blocks hiding in there? A question for you Matt - it mentions specifically PDM32 compatibility; is there any reason that you can see this wouldn't also be compatible with a PDM08?

-Mark

Last edited by lowside67; 08-24-2021 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:39 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by lowside67
Definitely a very nice looking piece of kit! The only thing that I found a little hard to swallow was it's over 5lbs! I know a number of my Prototype peers feel the same where we love the look, the functionality but are finding it hard to swallow the weight penalty. Did you find any lead blocks hiding in there? A question for you Matt - it mentions specifically PDM32 compatibility; is there any reason that you can see this wouldn't also be compatible with a PDM08?

-Mark
I did not find any lead, but it is made out of tungsten (I kid, I kid!). While the 5 lbs is a lot, it's within 100 grams of the Cosworth wheels with displays and control buttons/*****. It would certainly work with the PDM08 the same as it would the PDM32. They would both be separate systems and communicate via custom CAN. I have PDM08 in stock too
Old 10-05-2021, 09:12 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The AiM webinar today covered the SW4 and some of it's details. I think one of the really nice things Robbie explained was the bit composed math channel and how you can use it to output the value of the buttons. This lets the steering wheel buttons talk to an ECU, PDM, or other device in a simple and efficient way. The video should start at the math channel, but watch the whole thing if you want to see all about the SW4. Feel free to ask questions - I have all sizes in stock along with paddles and the car side harness.

Old 10-09-2021, 09:28 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 839 Likes on 423 Posts

That is an insanely nice wheel for only 3k. And it includes an integrated logger…just wow! For comparison, the Motec/racegrade ones are in the 10k range.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:54 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 38D
That is an insanely nice wheel for only 3k. And it includes an integrated logger…just wow! For comparison, the Motec/racegrade ones are in the 10k range.
They are really nice and have a great feel. The grip materials, size, and overall handling are really well designed and thought it. It was a long time in development, but they have used them from Radicals to off Baja trucks with good success. Math them up with a PDM and you have a pretty wild setup for under $8,000 with wiring!
Old 11-21-2021, 11:17 AM
b1gstuff
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, can you kindly tell me if I can replace a stock steering wheel in a 981 with this? What would I need to make it work?
Old 11-21-2021, 11:37 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by b1gstuff
Hey, can you kindly tell me if I can replace a stock steering wheel in a 981 with this? What would I need to make it work?
Shoot me an email - matt@trailbrake.com. It really depends on your car and what you are doing and has a ton of variables.

Quick Reply: AiM Steering Wheel 4 Release / In Stock