Notices

Motec C125 Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 01:12 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts
Default Motec C125 Replacement?

So over the weekend at Barber my C125 cut off in the middle of a session. Its not appearing to power back up now. I haven't had a chance to pull all the cabling yet, but from the quick glances it looks like nothing got disconnected. If it is dead, any recommendations on replacement? Go with the same unit or something else? It currently sits in a 981 CS.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:38 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

I'd suggest talking to Joe https://www.digitalcompetitionsystems.com/ or Chris http://squigglylines.com/ They are two of the best MoTeC guys and were probably involved in the original dash. I don't know MoTeC handles repairs, but it's probably worth talking to them too.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:09 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I'd suggest talking to Joe https://www.digitalcompetitionsystems.com/ or Chris http://squigglylines.com/ They are two of the best MoTeC guys and were probably involved in the original dash. I don't know MoTeC handles repairs, but it's probably worth talking to them too.
Thanks. Its a useful tool in the car for data as I'm running around....but would be pretty annoyed to buy a new one at 2k+
Old 04-26-2021, 05:15 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by thuggo
So over the weekend at Barber my C125 cut off in the middle of a session. Its not appearing to power back up now. I haven't had a chance to pull all the cabling yet, but from the quick glances it looks like nothing got disconnected. If it is dead, any recommendations on replacement? Go with the same unit or something else? It currently sits in a 981 CS.
Joe and Chris will tell you the same thing I will. We’re all three authorized dealers for MoTeC. Send it to Mooresville, the main office for evaluation and repair.

You can open a support ticket just by calling or reaching out to them via email.

The C125 is a very good logger. More reliable than most others, well built and well supported.

I would recommend checking the harness power connection first. The fact that it winked out and then quit, indicates that it’s probably something simple, and possibly in the car harness connection.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:41 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Joe and Chris will tell you the same thing I will. We’re all three authorized dealers for MoTeC. Send it to Mooresville, the main office for evaluation and repair.

You can open a support ticket just by calling or reaching out to them via email.

The C125 is a very good logger. More reliable than most others, well built and well supported.

I would recommend checking the harness power connection first. The fact that it winked out and then quit, indicates that it’s probably something simple, and possibly in the car harness connection.
Thanks. I'm hoping its that simple.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:27 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 839 Likes on 423 Posts

More likely you have a fuse or harness issue than the Motec just died.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:33 AM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 38D
More likely you have a fuse or harness issue than the Motec just died.
Don't think its a fuse, as there's at least 1 other system on that fuse/power run and its working fine. I'm gonna try to pull the wiring and give it a look tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Motec C125 Replacement?