AIM to Motec

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 08:51 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,347 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
That still requires you have the Motec CSV file import license, which is very expensive (when I looked into it several years ago, it was like $1k for a license that lasted all of ~30 days...). Aim has native CSV export, its the Motec side that doesn't allow the import. Motec's file format is proprietary, so unless someone decides to invest the time to reverse engineer, it basically a closed system.
$1741 for a year. Of course you can use AiM Race Studio 3, which is what most do, including me. But if you want all the power an configurability of MoTeC, Mitch's solution is the most automated with the least work to use MoTeC from AiM Sports logged data.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 09-12-2023, 09:17 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

If you are interested, I suggest folks get in touch with Mitch direct. He knows the most and can pick how much he shares.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:54 PM
ludovicb
3rd Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Fear no more !

Originally Posted by 38D
That still requires you have the Motec CSV file import license, which is very expensive (when I looked into it several years ago, it was like $1k for a license that lasted all of ~30 days...). Aim has native CSV export, its the Motec side that doesn't allow the import. Motec's file format is proprietary, so unless someone decides to invest the time to reverse engineer, it basically a closed system.
Fear no more ! My code produces identical to real Motec Files, after hours of reverse engineering and testing, Ive added a little documentation to my program if anyone wants to rewrite it in any language !
(For education purposes only)
The following users liked this post:
Matt Romanowski (09-13-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 04:10 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by ludovicb
Fear no more ! My code produces identical to real Motec Files, after hours of reverse engineering and testing, Ive added a little documentation to my program if anyone wants to rewrite it in any language !
(For education purposes only)
Nice! It's always best to get the info straight from the developer.
Old 09-13-2023, 04:14 PM
ludovicb
3rd Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Sure is !

Its a pleasure to talk to professionnals ! Im a yound dev that was tasked with that application with no knowledge of Motec nor Aim.
I hope that tool helps people !
Feel free to add features to the code or just make suggestions are all appreciated.
I'll try to document as much as I can so it can be understood by a larger group.
The following users liked this post:
mlct (09-14-2023)

Quick Reply: AIM to Motec