Notices

Any Motec users doing their work on Macs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 05:36 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull_D
Many thanks for all the info an advice. I have my new macbook pro on its way.

. I was just told by a Motec rep that you can only view/use iRacing data using i2 Pro? Is this true?
Good. You have the tools you need.

I wish your MoTeC rep was better versed in this. You’d get better info.

All MoTeC loggers with the logging option enabled log i2 Standard Analysis capable .ld files.

if you purchase an “option unlock” code for the MoTeC logger for “Pro Analysis,” $800 for “club level” C12X loggers and ~$1400 for “pro level” C18X loggers, you can do SO MUCH more.

The “mu” plug in that allows you to log the iRacing .ibt files in MoTeC form allows them to be logged in i2 Pro Analysis native .ld file form, which is like a gimme. Amazing power and flexibility for something you don’t even need to buy an option code for!

Are you trying to compare in real life files recorded by an i2 Standard logger with i2 Pro Analysis files logged by your sim?
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-31-2021, 05:54 PM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

At the moment i was just trying to be able to pull data from my sim using mu, then use it to learn how to move around i2. so when i actually get time out at the track i am functional with it and get more out of it than a pretty lap timer
i was unaware that you needed to use i2 Pro to view/use the iracing files. i thought i could use i2 standard to do that. i had been using i2 standard since i first installed a motec into my car.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:06 PM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

I occasionally have idle time on the road in hotels when i am working. i've been attempting to use that time in improving my skills in the data area, since that is about all i can access during that time. can't fit my sim in my suitcase, and the car is certainly out of the question.... When at home, i'd much rather being doing other things than sitting for hours fiddling with this while i learn. the fat boy needs to get back on his bike, etc.... this route seemed the best use of time.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:36 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

You can use the iRacing files in I2 Standard, IIRC, just don’t know anyone that would want to do that. The mu plug-in exports Pro Analysis capable files, and the software version of MoTeC i2 Pro Analysis is free. Great way to learn.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:18 PM
Bull_D
Rennlist Member

Ok, seems like I have most things migrated or installed. Macbook is setup for iOS and W10. Am able to talk to my C127 and play video from my SCHD SD cards. Last thing I need to do at the moment is confirm all software/firmware on all these items is current (think most are) Am I correct in recalling that GPS manager (as well as SC software) are now all part of RS3? If so, would anyone know the file I need to look for that has the custom configs (such as video overlays) I'd assume those configs, as well as maybe the tracks I've selected to store in the camera, are in a particular file that I can transfer to my new rig?
Old 04-04-2021, 09:45 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

Ok, seems like I have most things migrated or installed. Macbook is setup for iOS and W10. Am able to talk to my C127 and play video from my SCHD SD cards. Last thing I need to do at the moment is confirm all software/firmware on all these items is current (think most are) Am I correct in recalling that GPS manager (as well as SC software) are now all part of RS3? If so, would anyone know the file I need to look for that has the custom configs (such as video overlays) I'd assume those configs, as well as maybe the tracks I've selected to store in the camera, are in a particular file that I can transfer to my new rig?
GPS Manager and Smarty Manager are only for old items. SCHD is configured, updated, etc through RS3. You can export the config for the camera from an old install or receive it from the camera. I have not tried to do it by copying a file. I either export the config and re-import it or run RS3 in the cloud and don't ever have to totally reinstall.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:39 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Use RS3 for both (not the beta). Track management and the drag and drop editor for the camera is all there. Super easy to build a new config and send it, with what you want. Apply filters to the map list (North America>USA>Closed circuit>auto>paved) and you’ll come up with about 160 circuits you can send in total to the SmartyCam. Easy.

Quick Reply: Any Motec users doing their work on Macs?