Notices

Traqmate Firmware?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 02:11 PM
CurlyDE
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Traqmate Firmware?

Does anyone know if it is still possible to get firmware updates for TraqMate (dash/camera)? I know they are no longer selling products. Many of the links on the website are no longer functional. I acquired a new to me track car last year that has the TraqDash, etc ... it all works fine except for starting my camera automagically.
The following users liked this post:
Yan Dia (07-17-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 03:28 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Not likely the firmware, as the last release enabling camera auto start was many years ago.

What camera do you have? Are the settings correct on the camera?

The way the Traqmate works is to set up the camera so it begins to record with power applied.

Then, the video matches (with some offset only needed on the Mobius cameras) the data when you open both in TraqView.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-27-2020, 03:51 PM
CurlyDE
Rennlist Member

It is a Mobius camera that is setup to record at power-on (confirmed record when plugged in to a standard power source; AC adapter). The USB cable is powered from the left side of the TraqDash, correct? It does not seem to be getting power through the port on the side of the TraqDash. It could be a cable issue now that I think about it. I have not tried swapping cables.

I do not have the external TraqData module (with multiple terminals). The car came with the "Pro" cable (with single tach input) and harness for the older Hero/2 cameras. Is the external TraqData box required for the Mobius?

I have not had much luck finding documentation on the proper way to wire everything up. I did find a PDF documenting the Mobius settings and those were applied with the mSetup software.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:05 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

If it's a Classic TraqDash (monochrome display, red and green membrane switches on the right, as you look at it, rounded ends) and not the color touch screen with shift lights, it won't start the Mobius. If it is the latest touchscreen TraqDash, then the cable is likely the issue.

No, the external TraqData box is not required to connect a single Mobius to a touchscreen TraqDash. The Pro cable can be used for RPM input, for sure.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:07 PM
CurlyDE
Rennlist Member

It is the color touchscreen. I'll swap the USB cable out between the TraqDash/Mobius and test again. RPM, lap times, etc ... all work great. Thanks Peter!
Old 01-27-2020, 05:50 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CurlyDE
It is the color touchscreen. I'll swap the USB cable out between the TraqDash/Mobius and test again. RPM, lap times, etc ... all work great. Thanks Peter!
My pleasure. It's a great little system. With Traqview, you can have synced video WITHIN the analysis window (graphs, charts and maps), you can also generate a video with an overlay of data on top in fractions of the time it takes to do the same on RaceRender.

And, the most useful feature, one that MoTeC, Bosch, Cosworth, VBOX and Race-Keeper can't do, is to generate and watch a VIDEO theoretical best lap.

Basically, a continuous, stitched-together, best corners and corner complexes, lap so that there is no doubt what line/gear/heading is the best.

Here are some videos I made for Glenn a few years ago on how to get more out of Traqmate (and other data system) measures.

Old 07-17-2020, 02:10 PM
Yan Dia
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CurlyDE
Does anyone know if it is still possible to get firmware updates for TraqMate (dash/camera)? I know they are no longer selling products. Many of the links on the website are no longer functional. I acquired a new to me track car last year that has the TraqDash, etc ... it all works fine except for starting my camera automagically.
Were you able to find any firmware update for your traqdash? I have the same issue and can't enable the usb port without a newer firmware version (I have 2.5).
Old 07-18-2020, 09:15 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Yan Dia
Were you able to find any firmware update for your traqdash? I have the same issue and can't enable the usb port without a newer firmware version (I have 2.5).
This is not true.

The USB port on the TraqDash is only to control the voltage output for the cameras and it has always been enabled. GPS Lock=Power on (to trigger the cameras)

There are NO Comms possible to the TraqDash. All comms are done through the card, like the VBOX.

I have all of that so please email me and I’ll send you a link to a shared folder. It’s more important that the camera be set up correctly. (Record with power).

The number one failure is a bad USB cable that gets bent and breaks connection internally.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:46 PM
Molly2001
8th Gear

Wow! a 'current' discussion regarding Traqmate.
Maybe you can help me!
I was gifted a Traqmate Basic from my brother who upgraded to a much newer system. I have everything except the Com cable so there is no way for me to pull data out of the unit. Looking closely at the com connector it looks to be the same configuration as the old PS2 mouse connector. I took a stab and got a PS2 to USB converter (cheap and readily available) and a USB-A to USB-A cable to connect from the converter to the computer...no luck - oh well.
I've been unable to buy a proper cable and believe that I may be able to build one if I know the pin-out configuration.
Any comments from you are much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Niel V
Old 01-07-2021, 02:55 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Molly2001
Wow! a 'current' discussion regarding Traqmate.
Maybe you can help me!
I was gifted a Traqmate Basic from my brother who upgraded to a much newer system. I have everything except the Com cable so there is no way for me to pull data out of the unit. Looking closely at the com connector it looks to be the same configuration as the old PS2 mouse connector. I took a stab and got a PS2 to USB converter (cheap and readily available) and a USB-A to USB-A cable to connect from the converter to the computer...no luck - oh well.
I've been unable to buy a proper cable and believe that I may be able to build one if I know the pin-out configuration.
Any comments from you are much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Niel V
Mini DIN to Serial, then Serial to USB, plus the driver for the Serial to USB cable should work. Typically it's because people don't have the driver for the converter chipset in the serial to USB that causes this issue.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:48 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

Be careful with serial to USB connectors. I've gone through a lot with it on the shock dyno. There is a legit chip and a nock off that dies after a while. The driver can also be a problem where the standard Windows driver won't work correctly with the knock off. If you buy off Amazon, make sure it has good reviews and is legit.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:40 AM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 172 Posts

I have the same issue as Curly DE with my antiquated Traqdash ... same Mobius camera , it seems all is good and the record lights are on
when powered up but it doesn't capture video anymore.Can't really justify the expense for a complete AIM system at this time but , is it as simple as replacing a cable ?
Too bad though , the Traqdash was really nice when it was working correctly.

Just purchased the latest AIM Mychron 5 for my son's kart , wish it was that price for a race car !

Cheers
Phil
Old 01-08-2021, 01:34 PM
Molly2001
8th Gear

Thank you -
I will let you know how it goes.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:35 PM
Molly2001
8th Gear

Thanks for the advice on the USB connectors - I will be careful
Old 01-08-2021, 02:36 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Here's the originally supplied Traqmate Basic Serial to USB cable that has worked for me: https://www.cdw.com/product/CP-Techn...Adapter/767105

I recommend the CP Technologies driver.

Quick Reply: Traqmate Firmware?