Notices

Question about SmartyCam videos in RS3

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 02:08 PM
Jim Cobb
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Question about SmartyCam videos in RS3

I don't think this particular issue has been addressed elsewhere, but please jump me if it has. I am unable to view videos from Smartycam Rev. 2.1 within RS3, even though I can download them and view them directly using VLC. Using PC with Windows 7. Perhaps this doesn't matter since data integration isn't available in RS3 right now anyway, but wouldn't it matter when it becomes available. Many thanks for your thoughts. I am a total noob to Smartycam.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:47 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Cobb
Perhaps this doesn't matter since data integration isn't available in RS3 right now anyway, but wouldn't it matter when it becomes available.
Sounds like Matt helped get you straight and yes, we are all waiting with bated breath for RS3 Analysis to come out.

As you’ve learned, AIM’s methodology for the last decade of SmartyCam has been to write the information to the background of the video and review it that way, independently of the data analysis windows.

There is third party software to compare side by side two SmartyCam videos (CompareMyLaps) and compare side by side videos WITH AiM data exported from your logger, or just open the video within the analysis window (TrackAttack.io), but not through AIM’s analysis software, yet...

Quick Reply: Question about SmartyCam videos in RS3