Notices

Solo 2 DL randomly rebooting during sessions

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 03:50 PM
Thomas Cannon
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a random thread to find -- the picture the OP posted could have been me in my car this last weekend when my Solo 2 DL rebooted itself not once but twice while I was at Laguna Seca. Both times in the paddock for me. I, randomly, have different parameters set for when recording begins that differ from the default. I have the OBD plug and it was in snug as I had just used a scanner and firmly re-plugged the cable as it's easily kicked if you're careless exiting the vehicle.

The unit is less than two months old, and running the current firmware.

I'd like to point out that it's very common for people to lose GPS reception in the area of Laguna Seca and not just with AIM gear -- I mean everything. There's a very large but quiet military presence very nearby and the MPs aren't surprised if you're lost. I know this from leaving the track, trying to invent a shortcut, getting lost, and having no reception on my phone near the military housing. I hate for my first post on this message board to sound like I'm typing away over here with my head wrapped in tin foil but if you jam a GPS unit in the middle of trying to determine it's location I could see it being unhappy about it maybe.

It's probably just a good old loose wire in a vibration prone environment, but daydreaming about solar flares and GPS jamming is certainly more interesting while waiting for the thing to power back up.