AIM added Brake Pressure for 987.1 to the ECU line

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 06:20 PM
tlambie
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIM added Brake Pressure for 987.1 to the ECU line

FYI

Better late than never, for folks racing Gen 1 Caymans with an AIM system and without an analog sensor. I did not see this posted elsewhere.

Many of us already have analog sensors installed and a brake pressure sensor channel has been available on the ODB-2 port for quite some time but, in the January 2019 Bosch 997 - GT3 (2.00.01) ECU update several 987.1 specific channels were added and/or renamed, including a proper brake pressure channel, to differentiate them from the 997 versions. Why, they don't have specific files for each car, is beyond me, even if they are mostly the same. Anyway, I discovered this on the weekend, when I reloaded the "latest" channel map to solve a weird problem of my gear indicator and rev lights not appearing on my dash after an unrelated config change. Problem solved but, several profiles broke and when I went to look, I discovered the renaming and the new channels. The ECU brake channel looks a little smoother than the analog brake sensor. Not sure if that is smoothing or, sampling differences yet.

Tim
Old 08-06-2019, 06:25 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

It’s a good thing!
Old 08-17-2019, 09:24 AM
tlambie
Track Day

The new map works great on my MXS but, I can only see the old map in RS2 when I try to update a SOLO. Can you update the available maps in RS2? Most of my experience is in RS3.
Thanks, Tim
Old 08-17-2019, 11:05 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by tlambie
The new map works great on my MXS but, I can only see the old map in RS2 when I try to update a SOLO. Can you update the available maps in RS2? Most of my experience is in RS3.
Thanks, Tim
For the protocol change, email ecudriver@aim-sportline.com.and ask them to update the RS2 protocol.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:10 AM
tlambie
Track Day

Thanks Matt. Will do.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:53 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by tlambie
FYI

Better late than never, for folks racing Gen 1 Caymans with an AIM system and without an analog sensor. I did not see this posted elsewhere.

Many of us already have analog sensors installed and a brake pressure sensor channel has been available on the ODB-2 port for quite some time but, in the January 2019 Bosch 997 - GT3 (2.00.01) ECU update several 987.1 specific channels were added and/or renamed, including a proper brake pressure channel, to differentiate them from the 997 versions. Why, they don't have specific files for each car, is beyond me, even if they are mostly the same. Anyway, I discovered this on the weekend, when I reloaded the "latest" channel map to solve a weird problem of my gear indicator and rev lights not appearing on my dash after an unrelated config change. Problem solved but, several profiles broke and when I went to look, I discovered the renaming and the new channels. The ECU brake channel looks a little smoother than the analog brake sensor. Not sure if that is smoothing or, sampling differences yet.

Tim
Noticed that earlier this year when I upgraded to S2DL. Awesome. I had to change the range of the measure in my SmartyCam config from 0-1 to 0-100 so that it showed up in the video overlays correctly.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:40 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,346 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by Difool
Noticed that earlier this year when I upgraded to S2DL. Awesome. I had to change the range of the measure in my SmartyCam config from 0-1 to 0-100 so that it showed up in the video overlays correctly.
0 to 1 is correct for brake position (off/on)

0-100 sounds like your brake pressure is in bar (1 bar equals 14.7 psi), which sounds right.

Quick Reply: AIM added Brake Pressure for 987.1 to the ECU line