Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts
Default AiM Factory

I know people would love some photos, but I don't have many that I can share. The one below is on the inside of the owner's office and shows a good history of the AiM stickers over the years. Some made in Italy, others around the world.

I saw a lot that I probably can't share, but I will share this - I had pretty high expectations of the factory and it far exceeded them. It's a great environment for the employees, filled with VERY hard working folks, producing some really neat items. The quality of the items is really very high. I haven't been in semiconductor-ish work for over 15 years, but what they are doing is high tech on the boards, design, and components. Seeing how some things are done makes more sense and getting to see the overall road map for the company and products lays things out in a great way.

I saw many (most?) of the upcoming items, things in development, and the plans for the future. I did try to smuggle a few things out, but couldn't pull it off. Needless to say my car will be getting some upgrades this winter!

So for the people that will ask - I saw and used the iOS app. It's still being worked on, but it should be very good when done.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:55 AM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

woo!
Old 07-11-2019, 11:31 AM
w00tw00t
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about RS3 Analysis (Synced Video + Data analysis)?
The following users liked this post:
mglobe (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 06:58 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tw00t
Old 07-11-2019, 07:12 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,801 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Umm, no...
Old 07-11-2019, 08:23 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by w00tw00t
Originally Posted by mglobe
Originally Posted by ProCoach
Umm, no...
I spent a large portion of a day sitting with the lead programmer and covered integrated video, the ideas in RS3 Analysis, and a bunch of other things that go along with it. He was compiling and debugging the latest copy, so I didn't see the most recent copy, but we used a slightly older version on my computer (I hadn't updated before I went there). It's something that is his sole focus right now. There are a ton of great improvements in RS3A that I think people will really appreciate when it's done.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:30 PM
tracknut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I spent a large portion of a day sitting with the lead programmer and covered integrated video, the ideas in RS3 Analysis, and a bunch of other things that go along with it. He was compiling and debugging the latest copy, so I didn't see the most recent copy, but we used a slightly older version on my computer (I hadn't updated before I went there). It's something that is his sole focus right now. There are a ton of great improvements in RS3A that I think people will really appreciate when it's done.
Thanks for the update Matt!! Any idea on release timeframe? next few weeks? months? a year?
Old 07-13-2019, 12:36 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 135 Posts

I have the highest respect and appreciation for them as a company. The products are top shelf and their support of the customer and product are on a level all companies should try to attain. I had their gear on all the race bikes and in multiple instances of crash damage the cost of repair and service was surprisingly low. They aren't the cheapest platform out there but when you provide products and services on the level they do you don't have to be.

Last edited by venom51; 07-13-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tracknut
Thanks for the update Matt!! Any idea on release timeframe? next few weeks? months? a year?
I'm not a software guy, so it's all Greek to me, but not weeks or a month or two. I don't know how it all comes together as different people do different things.

Quick Reply: AiM Factory