Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by gregturek
Thanks Matt,

Can you compare the effort to pair a new set of sensors vs. remove/install a different receiver on an AIM MXL2 configuration?

Grg
1,000x easier to change the tires and simply unplug one box and plug in the other. The programming involves specific CAN messages to the box and waking the sensors up with a special tool in order to reprogram.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:13 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Happy to report the system works great and we have a page that shows temp and pressure and the AIM dash is programmed with lights ont he 4 corners of the dash to flash red if the pressure drops below a certain pressure.

Thanks again matt.

We need to figure out how to get additional sensors for the other sets of wheels
Old 04-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by stujelly
Happy to report the system works great and we have a page that shows temp and pressure and the AIM dash is programmed with lights ont he 4 corners of the dash to flash red if the pressure drops below a certain pressure.

Thanks again matt.

We need to figure out how to get additional sensors for the other sets of wheels
Great! I got a photo today of an external sensor that hit the wall at the Glen today. Wore the top some, lost the lettering, but still works!
Old 04-15-2019, 10:28 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

These are back in stock. For folks with a current generation AiM (MXL2, MXm, MXS, MXG, Evo5, Evo4s) these are easy to hookup. For people with an older MXL Pista or Evo4, if you're running a Podium Connect, it's easy to setup with those systems as well. I can help you with any integration issues or concerns. Feel free to email matt@trailbrake.net for more info.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:08 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

I have Podium Connects in stock. With the AiM harness plus the two flying leads required for Matt’s accessory, plus the 500 Mb/mo FreedomPop sim for $463 shipped USPS.

Thank you, Matt, for this economical device.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:34 PM
gregturek
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
1,000x easier to change the tires and simply unplug one box and plug in the other. The programming involves specific CAN messages to the box and waking the sensors up with a special tool in order to reprogram.
Thanks Matt,

I have the same size wheels & tires front and rear, so we sometimes swap left to right, or front to back, to even wear. I couldn't see how to easily use the internal sensors, so I ordered the external option today. Thanks for all the help! We are headed to Mid Ohio for the Club Race and then Road America for the Memorial Day DE. I'll be sure to send feedback.

Greg
Old 06-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

With the Pike's Peak race coming up and practice starting tomorrow, there will be a bunch of these systems on the mountain! It's a cool race and with some neat data and challenges.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:39 PM
TFBoxster
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great System Matt!

I'll send you an email shortly.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:25 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Very cool looking product - we use RaceCapture Pro MK2 in our formula car - would these work with that as long as we have a profile?

Also wondering what the accuracy is like - we run very low pressures so would need these to be accurate within probably 0.25psi to be useful, maybe 0.5psi at the absolute most.

Thank you,
Mark
Old 07-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by lowside67
Very cool looking product - we use RaceCapture Pro MK2 in our formula car - would these work with that as long as we have a profile?

Also wondering what the accuracy is like - we run very low pressures so would need these to be accurate within probably 0.25psi to be useful, maybe 0.5psi at the absolute most.

Thank you,
Mark
Brent put a preconfigured Protocol in RaceCapture for this, so it's just the wiring that you have to connect. That is just CAN high, CAN Low, 12v, ground. Very easy and there is a great write-up on it from Scott Barton at https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/Add_TPMS_Data

Resolution is claimed to be .25 psi by the manufacturer, but in practice we see about .5 psi. The system works great at what it is - a $225 TPMS that gives you great data. For people that need the finer resolution, temp readings, or multiple sets of internal sensors, then they really need the ~$2k plus systems.

I have sold a ton of these and have not had anyone who is unhappy. They have been in GT cars, open wheel cars, street cars, karts, and FSAE cars to my knowledge.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:20 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Jeff and Marshall have some great info on TPMS in his podcast here https://marshallpruett.podbean.com/e...addock-july-3/

Quick Reply: TPMS system w/ CAN output for $225