Notices

AIM - create map for SmartyCam and dashes

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 09:54 PM
FastCarSlo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default AIM - create map for SmartyCam and dashes

I'm racing LeMons @ Sonoma this weekend and we are running a slightly different track layout that shortens the straight before turn 11.

My AIM MXG and Smartycam aren't recognizing it and as a result I end up with one extra long lap. I was able to create a map in RaceStudio2 from the GPS data, but it exports as a .MP file, and when I use RaceStudio3 to try to import a map to SmartyCam or the dash, it wants a .ZTRACKS file, with no option for an .MP. If I use the New button to define a new map, the Load options has a larger list of files it recognizes -- but no .MP.

This seems much harder than it feels like it should be -- what am I missing?
Old 11-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

If it's a SCHD, then you want to do it in RS3. Make a new track and for the image, you can select a GPK file (that is there once you open the data file you downloaded in RS3). You just have to look where the data was downloaded to (C:/aim_sport/racestudio3/user/data). You can then also get the start/finish from your file or use the location that you already made.

Oh, to make the new track, you 4th icon from left in RS3. It looks like a race track outline and then select "new" (top middleish).
Old 12-01-2018, 01:01 AM
FastCarSlo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks - so where I was going wrong is it wasn't obvious to me that in the RS3 New map screen, I could browse to my data downloads and select a session .gpk file -- I didn't even realize the session data had gpk files. I thought I had to go through the map manager in RS2 (which is what launches when I click the analysis button in RS3) and define the map there first.

My next problem was that my data starts when we leave the paddock and doesn't stop until we turn the car off. I was looking for a way to truncate the dataset, and just realized that setting the start/finish line position (which I found on the regular sonoma map) lets RS3 figure out the possible map variations. I have to wonder if this would all be covered in the manual, but I'm too used to software that is intuitive to bother reading a manual .

Quick Reply: AIM - create map for SmartyCam and dashes