Question about Sectors / Sector Times

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 02:43 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,833 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by 2BWise
I've run into this issue with the Race Technology hardware, in particular, as the latency between the sector ending and sector time then being displayed on the dash is significant.
Yep, as a RT user, I have found the latency to be far greater on my Dash 1 than it is on an AiM Solo or dash, or on the quickest, the VBOX OLED.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:32 PM
WillM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm either lucky or latency is not an issue on the Dash3 or Dash2Pro. Sector timing is one of the things Race-Technology really does right, in my experience. Any chance we'll see live sector timing as an option from AIM or Motec? As I broaden my horizons with AIM and Motec products, I'm surprised and disappointed by the lack of support for sector timing. As far as I can tell, R-T is the only one that allows users to specify exact location and quantity of sectors during analysis, and/or display live in-car. +/- Best Sector on the display is very convenient during a busy day at the track when I may not have much time to open the laptop, and the instant feedback can be very helpful.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:54 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by WillM
I'm either lucky or latency is not an issue on the Dash3 or Dash2Pro. Sector timing is one of the things Race-Technology really does right, in my experience. Any chance we'll see live sector timing as an option from AIM or Motec? As I broaden my horizons with AIM and Motec products, I'm surprised and disappointed by the lack of support for sector timing. As far as I can tell, R-T is the only one that allows users to specify exact location and quantity of sectors during analysis, and/or display live in-car. +/- Best Sector on the display is very convenient during a busy day at the track when I may not have much time to open the laptop, and the instant feedback can be very helpful.
AiM can do sectors in the dash, though not a feature I use or recomend. +/- on the dash in AiM for the lap is easy.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:23 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
AiM can do sectors in the dash, though not a feature I use or recomend. +/- on the dash in AiM for the lap is easy.
How do you set up sectors in the dash? I don't think I'd want to, but a certain friend that is a Race Technology fanboi rants about the lack of that feature all the time.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:31 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jwasilko
How do you set up sectors in the dash? I don't think I'd want to, but a certain friend that is a Race Technology fanboi rants about the lack of that feature all the time.
In GPS manager.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:36 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
In GPS manager.
Does it work in RS3 (for the newer stuff) as well?
Old 07-13-2018, 07:05 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Think so, but I never do it, so I would have to check. IMHO, predictive and +/- are much better because you don't have to remember good sector times.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jwasilko
Does it work in RS3 (for the newer stuff) as well?
Just double checked and you can add them in RS3. You can't add them to a track AiM made, but you can do it on your own tracks.

Quick Reply: Question about Sectors / Sector Times