Messed Up....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 09:31 PM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Messed Up....

Ok...
I started to play with Race Studio 2 a bit and hooked my laptop to my MXL Strada (it is not a Pista like I initially thought...)

Wanted to change MPH to KPH in my dash and stupid me, I erased the CONFIG that was on my dash, lost it all... !!!

Tried to build a new one but Channels/Alarms are not corresponding to what it was initially and I'm lost...

Bottom Line: Where can I find a "Default" or initial Config for a 2014 SR3 that I could upload on my MXL Strada dash?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,009 Likes on 603 Posts

There are no defaults that I'm aware of. If no one around can help, I would suggest talking to AiM and seeing if someone knows how most of those were set up.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:52 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,347 Likes on 1,900 Posts

AiM is not likely able to help. However, if you contact a larger Radical dealer that fields cars at events for people, they probably can.

Team Stradale in Illinois, Wisko in Virginia and the main dealer in Canada can help. As can Radical Cars in the UK.

My concern is how did you wipe it out?

If you connect to the MXL and select “Receive” on top of the page, you should retrieve a copy that opens in RS2.

Then, ALWAYS make a “clone” or copy of that config, make changes and send it back.

That way, you always have what was in it to go back to. Good practice for ANy AiM, MoTeC or other data system owner. This saved me several times this past week.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:12 AM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach
AiM is not likely able to help. However, if you contact a larger Radical dealer that fields cars at events for people, they probably can.

Team Stradale in Illinois, Wisko in Virginia and the main dealer in Canada can help. As can Radical Cars in the UK.

My concern is how did you wipe it out?

If you connect to the MXL and select “Receive” on top of the page, you should retrieve a copy that opens in RS2.

Then, ALWAYS make a “clone” or copy of that config, make changes and send it back.

That way, you always have what was in it to go back to. Good practice for ANy AiM, MoTeC or other data system owner. This saved me several times this past week.
Thanks Coach, I reached out to my Radical dealer, they are great and should be able to help (hopefully)

Here is what I think I did.
Took a few tries for RS2 to recognize my MXL. Then I saw a configuration appears on the screen. I used listbox to change mph to kph, expecting this to just modify this parameter.
Then I just resend the config to the MXL.

It look like the config I modified was a "Default" one because after, RPM redline was no more 10,000rpm but 16,000rpm. Hour had changed, as label for Channels... everything. No backup.

I'll report back the solution, for other nood like me to know!

Best
Old 06-04-2018, 08:13 AM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Thanks Matt. I'll reach out to Radical. They must have something they install, when they deliver cars.
Best
Old 06-04-2018, 09:44 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PierreTT
Thanks Coach, I reached out to my Radical dealer, they are great and should be able to help (hopefully)

Here is what I think I did.
Took a few tries for RS2 to recognize my MXL. Then I saw a configuration appears on the screen. I used listbox to change mph to kph, expecting this to just modify this parameter.
Then I just resend the config to the MXL.

It look like the config I modified was a "Default" one because after, RPM redline was no more 10,000rpm but 16,000rpm. Hour had changed, as label for Channels... everything. No backup.

I'll report back the solution, for other nood like me to know!

Best
Old 06-04-2018, 11:38 AM
pmiranda
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks like you can create a brand new configuration in RS2:
Device Configuration->MXL
In the Select Configuration tab, hit New
In the New Configuration dialog, change Data logger type to MXL Strada

The tricky bit is you need to know what all of your connected stuff is, so if the previous owner/dealer set up all of that for you, you might need their help to get everything set up.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:44 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pmiranda
It looks like you can create a brand new configuration in RS2:
Device Configuration->MXL
In the Select Configuration tab, hit New
In the New Configuration dialog, change Data logger type to MXL Strada

The tricky bit is you need to know what all of your connected stuff is, so if the previous owner/dealer set up all of that for you, you might need their help to get everything set up.
If you have analog sensors, you need to know which channels they are assigned to.
If you have analog sensors, you need to know what make and model they are so you can select the right one from the dropdown menu or build a custom sensor value to read correctly.
If you have shift lights, you need to know absolute max revs and stagger the spacing the lower you go, tighten the spacing the higher to all-lights-on.
If you have alarms, you need to know what measures you don't want to exceed before one goes off. Basically, constructing the alarm.
You need to set the RPM divider for a standard tach input to match the number of cylinders.
Most organizations standardize their configs (or should) between similar makes/models of cars, even down to channel names.

If you think AiM is bad, you should do a "from scratch" in MoTeC or Cosworth!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-04-2018, 01:16 PM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach
If you have analog sensors, you need to know which channels they are assigned to.
If you have analog sensors, you need to know what make and model they are so you can select the right one from the dropdown menu or build a custom sensor value to read correctly.
If you have shift lights, you need to know absolute max revs and stagger the spacing the lower you go, tighten the spacing the higher to all-lights-on.
If you have alarms, you need to know what measures you don't want to exceed before one goes off. Basically, constructing the alarm.
You need to set the RPM divider for a standard tach input to match the number of cylinders.
Most organizations standardize their configs (or should) between similar makes/models of cars, even down to channel names.

If you think AiM is bad, you should do a "from scratch" in MoTeC or Cosworth!
That's what I'm planning to do, and reprogram alarms, shift lights, ...

The missing part right now is: What Channel is associated with what... Need to find Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel pressure and oil pressure,...
Once I know this, the rest should be easy

Waiting on my Radical Canada people for answers. They are great and patient with me :-P

Anyway, thanks Folks, Rennlist is such a cool place!

Quick Reply: Messed Up....