Notices

Racelogic OBD Module for HD2

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 08:23 AM
MJP911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach

Ah! So analog sensors, plus RPM input and 0-5V throttle signal from the ECU. Got it.

Well, that’s the benefit of the MicIn01 MicroInput Module.

I want just a two wire connection, if I can work that out. I’ll get RPM, some wheel speeds and throttle position updated at 50 Hz. Another option for SPB owners.
The only added sensor is the steering. All else is pulling from the car - e.g. TPS. If you recall, you and I emailed about trying to get CAN data a year ago and no luck. Also, Racelogic did not have anything that worked. I'm not sure the Boxsters all have CAN lines coming out of the ECU so I think the MicroInput is the best way to go.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:32 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,347 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by MJP911
The only added sensor is the steering. I'm not sure the Boxsters all have CAN lines coming out of the ECU so I think the MicroInput is the best way to go.
I think the MICIN01 Micro Input module is a great solution, although it takes some time to set up. So you have throttle postion (0-5V analog signal), steering angle (analog sensor, 0-5V) and RPM (from cluster tach feed) to the MICIN01, that's it, right? I want to see your traction control add channel!

The 1998-2001 Boxsters and 996 cars DO have limited CAN capability that is already read by folks who have taken the time to decode the channel ID's for MoTeC.

While my MoTeC solution works fine, I will build this capability for BOTH the AiM Solo 2 DL and VBOX HD2 and Lite. Just have to test the identifiers.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-06-2018, 10:59 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I will build this capability for BOTH the AiM Solo 2 DL and VBOX HD2 and Lite. Just have to test the identifiers.
I'll be at Barber the next two weekends if you want to use my SPB as a test mule :-) I was about to order the MICIN01 but am going to wait and see what happens with the CAN solution.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:05 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,347 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Going to use Apex Driving Events, SCDA, David Murry and PCA Club Race at VIR to accumulate, test and validate all Porsche configs for VBOX from 1998-2018. Have most of them, but even the online isn’t always correct.

Glad that there are a few different ways to get info from even older cars. The RLCAB015L solution will be a third the price of The MICIN01.

Quick Reply: Racelogic OBD Module for HD2