Notices

VBox lite Porsche scene files?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 07:24 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts
Default VBox lite Porsche scene files?

Does anyone know of any good scene files for the VBox lite to leverage Porsche CAN information? I am using the AIM-VBox interface cable so CAN information is originating from AiM I suppose... We can see throttle in data but not on the video overlay.
Thanks in advance!
-Paul
Old 03-29-2018, 10:54 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
Does anyone know of any good scene files for the VBox lite to leverage Porsche CAN information? I am using the AIM-VBox interface cable so CAN information is originating from AiM I suppose... We can see throttle in data but not on the video overlay.
Thanks in advance!
-Paul
PM me your email, I have some options.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:55 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Paul, there is a good tutorial for adding elements (icons) on the background of the video, and then associating them with CAN information in the software user guide. I’ll PM you the link.

The background, unlike all the other systems, is completely configurable using any vector drawing program. A fair number use Adobe.

There are two sources for ready made scenes for the VVBL, one is ShakeNBake here on RL and the other is the online repository of VVB scenes that you can download and modify for your particular application.

Let me know if I can direct you further.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:29 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Thank you both so much! Very excited to learn more about the interface, we had everything all mounted up in the car yesterday. ShakeNBake, thank you for the offer, look for a PM.
Thanks again, assistance is always greatly appreciated!
-Paul

Quick Reply: VBox lite Porsche scene files?