Notices

New SOLO and SOLO DL 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 10:15 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

I just sent four out, two for 991.2 GT3's and they're working MUCH better than expected. Pretty cool actually. The others in the initial order are all spoken for, but should have more next week.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-07-2018, 10:33 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I ...... they're working MUCH better than expected. .......
Now you've peaked my curiosity. What was your expectation and In what way are they 'much better'
Old 06-07-2018, 10:53 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Well, when you've worked with such a great variety of new releases, from all makes of this type of equipment, I've learned to temper my expectations, stem the belief that things will go smoothly in the configuration and operation of these bleeding edge tech tools and pray for a seemless initiation into the hundreds of common, specific setups for each type of car I send them out for. It's a little nerve racking... When stuff doesn't work, folks don't get frustrated at the makers, they reach out to their dealers, "the front line."

So, I've been having quite a bit of trouble with the last few FW and SW releases from AiM in a broad range of their equipment, so I am wary of new hardware and the relationship, sometimes complex, between legacy software upgrades, coding and errors.

The configuration of the first couple of dozen units has gone well, almost too easy. WiFi communications are quicker and more robust, configs are offering greater options for sampling rates and display arrangements. It's really nice...

We'll see...
Old 06-09-2018, 02:39 AM
adi_d
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

What's the recommended ECU and OBD2 setting on the Solo2 for 997.2 GT3? I know the old guidance on Solo1 said Siemens SDI, but cannot find that in the new settings. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-09-2018, 07:38 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by adi_d
What's the recommended ECU and OBD2 setting on the Solo2 for 997.2 GT3? I know the old guidance on Solo1 said Siemens SDI, but cannot find that in the new settings. Thanks for the info!
Umm, the 996/997.1/997.2 GT3 ALL use only a CAN (direct wire) connection, as nothing generally comes through the OBDII port that the AiM can use.

While the standard 997.2 Carrera and S models used the Siemens SDI, the GT3 variants up until the 991, including the 4.0, use Manufacturer: Bosch; Model: 997_GT3

HTH.

Quick Reply: New SOLO and SOLO DL 2