Notices

Help—AiM Race Studio 3 error message

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 06:31 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Help—AiM Race Studio 3 error message

Agree fully with johnsopa and other rennlisters regarding how difficult and non-intuitive it is to learn to navigate AiM’s software. I had kind of figured out some of the basics of Race Studio 2 and Race Studio Analysis. But then I just loaded the latest Race Studio 3 after upgrading my Solo to a Solo DL + SmartyCam HD (thanks, Peter Krause!), and now I’m lost again.

I read Peter’s explanation in another thread about how RS3 contains RS2 (and therefore Race Studio Analysis) as well as SmartyManager 2, but I can’t seem to get access to all of my old data. I can see that it’s still on the computer, under AIM_SPORT/RaceStudio2/DATA. But when I choose “Analysis” from the top menu bar in RaceStudio3, I get a Race Studio Analysis error box that reads “Error 1: tracks data path invalid.”

Hoping to get this straightened out before a trackday on Saturday.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-26-2017, 06:39 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by paradocs98
Agree fully with johnsopa and other rennlisters regarding how difficult and non-intuitive it is to learn to navigate AiM’s software. I had kind of figured out some of the basics of Race Studio 2 and Race Studio Analysis. But then I just loaded the latest Race Studio 3 after upgrading my Solo to a Solo DL + SmartyCam HD (thanks, Peter Krause!), and now I’m lost again.

I read Peter’s explanation in another thread about how RS3 contains RS2 (and therefore Race Studio Analysis) as well as SmartyManager 2, but I can’t seem to get access to all of my old data.

I can see that it’s still on the computer, under AIM_SPORT/RaceStudio2/DATA.

But when I choose “Analysis” from the top menu bar in RaceStudio3, I get a Race Studio Analysis error box that reads “Error 1: tracks data path invalid.”

Any thoughts?
No problem.

Opening RS2 and the "Test database and lap manager," select "Import" at the bottom of the screen, then point to the C:/AiM_SPORT/RaceStudio2/DATA folder, open it and select the files you wish to import.

You can do several at a time.
Attached Images  
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-26-2017, 06:40 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I read Peter’s explanation in another thread about how RS3 contains RS2 (and therefore Race Studio Analysis) as well as SmartyManager 2, but I can’t seem to get access to all of my old data. I can see that it’s still on the computer, under AIM_SPORT/RaceStudio2/DATA. But when I choose “Analysis” from the top menu bar in RaceStudio3, I get a Race Studio Analysis error box that reads “Error 1: tracks data path invalid.”

Any thoughts?
Call me if you like. I'm at VIR tomorrow through Sunday with NNJR-PCA.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:01 AM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 174 Posts

Thanks, Peter. I ended up reloading RaceStudio 2 onto my laptop, and using that to access the old files. I was under the impression that RaceStudio 3 made RS2 unnecessary as a standalone program, since RS3 is a shell program that contains RS2. But I'm not able to access RS2 or Analysis within RS3 without that error message coming up ("tracks data path invalid").

I also played with SmartyCam data overlay configurations again to try to get the brake pressure bar to work. We'll see if the different graphic does the trick. Otherwise I may need to explore the settings to find out why brake pressure isn't registering on the video overlay.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:38 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Make sure rhe DL is set to transmit the correct channel as brake pressure as well as in the SCHD.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:32 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I'm not able to access RS2 or Analysis within RS3 without that error message coming up ("tracks data path invalid").

I also played with SmartyCam data overlay configurations again to try to get the brake pressure bar to work.
Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Make sure rhe DL is set to transmit the correct channel as brake pressure as well as in the SCHD.
paradocs, use RaceStudio 2 or RaceStudio Analysis shortcuts on your desktop placed there by your installation and it should work. Do not select RaceStudio 3 for anything but camera configuration.

When the combo was sent, it was set up for brake pressure. The overlay you built has brake POSITION as the default, not brake PRESSURE. Change that and you're set!
Old 12-17-2017, 06:38 AM
zzyzx
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a lot of talk about new software that would allow you to see data and video together, just as Traqmate does. Was this software upgrade ever released?
Old 12-17-2017, 08:14 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by zzyzx
There was a lot of talk about new software that would allow you to see data and video together, just as Traqmate does. Was this software upgrade ever released?
No. That will be in Race Studio 3 Analysis, which is still in development.

Quick Reply: Help—AiM Race Studio 3 error message