Notices

Smarty Cam HD GP Rev 2 unstable RPM/Throttle etc.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:43 PM
mlct
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Smarty Cam HD GP Rev 2 unstable RPM/Throttle etc.

I am having an issue with my SmartyCam HD GP Rev 2 that I am hoping someone has some ideas on. The camera is near the windshield in a system with an MXS and a rear Smarty Cam HD Rev 2. The rear camera and the sash is working perfectly but the controls on the video from the GP show unstable data. The RPM bounces up and down from the proper level and zero as does the Throttle, Brake pressure, and Gear display on the video. This is in a new car. The camera was working perfectly in my old car with a Pista dash and a rear HD Rev 1 camera.

Are there any software settings that I might have screwed up? I am going to try swapping cables around to see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:52 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 758 Likes on 498 Posts

What is the car?
Old 10-22-2017, 03:24 PM
mlct
Instructor

A 2014 Cayman S.

I am going to try another CAN cable to see if that clears it up. All the hardware in on the latest versions from AIM.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2017, 08:02 PM
mlct
Instructor

It was not the cables it was a lack of power from my MXS. A new power feed to the data expansion hub is fixing this.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:47 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Originally Posted by mlct
It was not the cables it was a lack of power from my MXS. A new power feed to the data expansion hub is fixing this.
So, did you add a diode equipped power lead to 5-pin male 712 Binder to fix this? Known issue when running two GP’s (not enough battery capacity) but I’ve run two all-in-ones off the same Hub before.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:20 PM
mlct
Instructor

Now told the power fix didn't work. AIM says it is a known issue with an MXS dash and I will have to wait for a firmware fix. Hmm...works fine if I unplug one camera - using one GP Rev 2.1 and an rear regular Rev 2.1.

No problem waiting as my season is probably done. Was 27 today at Lime Rock so didn't go as I didn't think slicks at that temperature was wise...wimp I know. Hoping it doesn't rain next week.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Smarty Cam HD GP Rev 2 unstable RPM/Throttle etc.