Notices

Cosworth... Better get use to it

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 06:01 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

cosworth dash question - for those familiar, so if im in toolset, looking at the configuration, and in the PMNA tolset config for the 991 cup, looks like you can only really monkey with the Beacon settings , adaptive learning of fast lap, etc.

i was trying to find where if i can change the value that HOLDS the laptime when you hit lap beacon, it holds for 30 seconds. thats a smidge long, for me atleast. something like 15, 20 is plenty. at limerock, thats like all the way to the back stretch.
but i couldnt find where to made that change at all. so im presuming thats part of the locked/fixed dash config??
Old 01-28-2018, 08:46 AM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Peter,
Towards the beginning of the thread, you listed several links to Cosworth sites, such as a pdf manual, Quickstart guide. None of these links work for me. Have they changed?
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:46 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Originally Posted by Skibum1963
Peter,
Towards the beginning of the thread, you listed several links to Cosworth sites, such as a pdf manual, Quickstart guide. None of these links work for me. Have they changed?
Thanks in advance.
Headed for Sebring in the morning, but will check.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:55 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Want to thank Viperbob for his excellent work installing and integrating the VBOX Video HD2 into Tom’s 991.1 GT3 Cup.

This is the best video integration with the Cosworth, showing throttle, brake, RPM, shift lights, gear, lap count, lap time, best lap count, best lap time, track map and other info on the video background, while automatically showing synced data within the analysis window.

Side by side VIDEO comparison of video for car position and heading, as well as control input level AT THE SAME GPS POSITION, will accelerate the driver’s ability to find speed coaching themselves using a MUCH simpler interface.

There’s a reason why nearly every front running car in the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge over the last two years uses this system. For more info, PM me or grab me at Sebring this week.

Thank you, Viperbob!

Looking forward to spending time with Tom, Scott and a few 991.1 and 991.2 Cup drivers this week.
The following users liked this post:
bmiller79 (08-03-2020)
Old 01-28-2018, 08:04 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Peter thank you. You did a great job customizing it to the customers needs. You are a true professional and I look forward to meeting you this week....
Old 02-05-2018, 08:57 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Well, after working hard with a variety of teams, the manufacturer and a serious slog at Sebring last week, I have a FANTASTIC video and synced data solution for 911.1 and 991.2 GT3 Cups now.

More soon, but suffice it to say (thanks to prodding from Adam Friedman and Bob Brooks, with assistance ffrom Harris Levitas and David Moore’s fine teams) this solution will have MORE than enough capability to dissect instantly what’s happening in the car/driver interface, as well as where and how to go quicker.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:02 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Peter. The results from Tom's car at 48 hours was great and he loves it. Best unit out on the market for these cars by far. Thanks for all your hard work.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:54 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Thanks for your fine installation and patience as we worked through a few glitches.

The upside is that because of this work, there’s a LOT more information than previously thought!

Enough to do what you want to on the screen background, I’m pretty sure.

Several West Coast folks getting on board, too. With some great shops and teams.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-22-2018, 08:34 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Quick Reply: Cosworth... Better get use to it