gs-dash or mxm available yet

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 11:23 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,832 Likes on 1,669 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Any guesses as to whether the MXM will be released by spring?
Possible, but in redesign right now...
Old 10-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Any guesses as to whether the MXM will be released by spring?
The answer when I asked on it 3 days ago was "soon." They have redesigned it for a few new purposes, but that is ongoing.

They have also been hard at work on software design and some of the configuration options we've been waiting for, so lots in the pipeline.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:05 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I’d be happier with RS3 Analysis with synced video than anything else, right now. Configurable display options are eye candy... MoTeC Display Creator proved that.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:07 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I’d be happier with RS3 Analysis with synced video than anything else, right now.
That would be the incentive to 'upgrade' from the SoloDL to a EVO4S+GS-Dash. Will it ever happen!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:15 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

I’d be happier with RS3 Analysis with synced video than anything else, right now. Configurable display options are eye candy... MoTeC Display Creator proved that.
Depends on how you use it. There are lots of studies and evidence that the colors and options can change how the driver interacts with their environment.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:31 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dbbarron
That would be the incentive to 'upgrade' from the SoloDL to a EVO4S+GS-Dash. Will it ever happen!
Yes, it would be the major incentive, considering the EVO4, MXL and SDL would not be backwards compatible for this feature. Maybe the SDL2 or SDL Plus?

I’ve seen ONE study on color display effectiveness with regard to driver recognition, done by MoTeC at the time of the announcement of their color dashes at PRI five plus years ago.

While it’s nice, fun for the sparky’s to show off their skills, top drivers could care less. Just tell them what a color means and they’re on their way!

The analog gauge recreation is more valuable for those acclimated to looking at needles. And that will be valuable.

Besides, almost two years after the introduction of AiM’s color dashes, I am still selling monochrome MXL2’s ten to one over color options...
Old 10-19-2017, 01:58 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 166 Posts

Yes, and with a physical connection, a data layer and a transport layer between my DL and the SCHD it should be a sinple matter to accomplish. I can't believe they haven't done it yet.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:08 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Yes, and with a physical connection, a data layer and a transport layer between my DL and the SCHD it should be a sinple matter to accomplish. I can't believe they haven't done it yet.
What's weird is that Traqmate AND MoTeC did this in 2006 by timing the record start of a ChaseCam PDR-100, without the data and transport layer.

Race-Keeper and Video VBOX have done it since 2009-2010 on a single card. With a little work MoTeC and Traqmate can pull in ANY video in their analysis windows.

It's just crazy and frankly, while I still sell more AiM Sports dollar volume than MoTeC, VBOX and Race-Keeper, it's the main reason why I do offer the other brands.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: gs-dash or mxm available yet