Need help with AIM Solo DL setup for 997.1 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Need help with AIM Solo DL setup for 997.1 GT3

I'm trying to get my Solo DL to read out vehicle data from my 997.1 GT3 via the CAN bus. I get some of the vehicle parameters from the ECU but not others that I think I should be getting. Here is a screen shot of my setup:

I have it configured for the 997 MK2 OBDII ECU. There are a couple of GT3 options but those are the 997 GT3R and 997 GT3RSR, which I do not think apply to my vehicle.

ECU_1 through ECU_13 are all checked, although for some reason the check mark for ECU_1 RPM is grayed out. When I download track data from the Solo DL and bring up the Race Studio Analysis screen, I am able to read out the 4 wheel speeds (ECU_2 through ECU_5), steering angle (ECU_12), and brake pressure (ECU_13). I also get ACC_1, ACC_2 and ACC_3. However, I am NOT able to read out any of the others--all I see is flatlines. Of the ones that I can't read, I would most like to get throttle position (ECU_6).

Why can't I read all the checked ECU parameters? I am pretty sure my cable is wired correctly to the CAN bus because I am getting at least some data from the ECU. Is there some setup configuration that I have wrong?
Old 10-08-2017, 05:27 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,800 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake951
I'm trying to get my Solo DL to read out vehicle data from my 997.1 GT3 via the CAN bus.

Is there some setup configuration that I have wrong?
No good. Have to use Make: Bosch ECU: 997 GT3

Use this one:
Attached Images  
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks, Peter! I'll gave that a try.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:57 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,800 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Now, you're not going to get some of the measures you got with the OBDII protocol on the CAN connection on the early car. No brake pressure, for instance.

AiM is working on updating selected configuration Channel ID's and may offer that in the future. On the new generation (RS3 config required) dashes and loggers (along with the SDL2, when it comes), you'll be able to write your own protocols, but not for the equipment that uses RS2 to set them up.

Quick Reply: Need help with AIM Solo DL setup for 997.1 GT3