Notices

Min spec Win Laptop for CompareMyLap and SCHD playback

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 05:13 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Min spec Win Laptop for CompareMyLap and SCHD playback

In terms of modern processors and memory, what is the minimum spec Windows (10) Laptop that will properly run CompareMyLap and the AIM software suite with good performance (i.e., no materials delays, pauses in playback, etc.)?
Old 10-02-2017, 05:25 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Pretty much anything at Best Buy in the $600-$800 range will do. Integrated graphics are not as good as dedicated graphics, but neither of these programs will tax those severely.

i recommend Core i5 or equivalent, at least 500 GB and preferably 1 TB storage, but more than that, the brightest screen you can find, and an integrated SD card slot.

Again, the integrated graphics in the last 24 months are very good and equal to dedicated laptop GPU’s of 36-48 months ago.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:31 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Pretty much anything at Best Buy in the $600-$800 range will do. Integrated graphics are not as good as dedicated graphics, but neither of these programs will tax those severely.

i recommend Core i5 or equivalent, at least 500 GB and preferably 1 TB storage, but more than that, the brightest screen you can find, and an integrated SD card slot.

Again, the integrated graphics in the last 24 months are very good and equal to dedicated laptop GPU’s of 36-48 months ago.
Thanks. I'm thinking 17" also.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Agreed. Most anything in the $700+ range will work fine. I would look for the bright screen, SD card slot, and largest hard drive you can. It's really the storage space that starts to matter if you don't want to have to keep off loading all your files.

I'm assuming you'll do analysis on the same computer. That shouldn't be a problem either.

Quick Reply: Min spec Win Laptop for CompareMyLap and SCHD playback