Notices

replacing Race Technology DL1 and Dash3 with?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 10:05 AM
Dan Schaut
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing Race Technology DL1 and Dash3 with?

I would like to upgrade to integrate video and RPM's on a simple to use system for my 1993 BMW E36 endurance race car. Our races are 8 hours long. Any suggestions and contacts? Dan schaut5@aol.com
Old 07-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 139 Posts

I think most people nowadays would suggest an AIM system due to their prevalence at the racetrack and fairly simple ease of use. Race Capture is another up and coming system but its going to take more tinkering to get going but also adds real time telemetry.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:54 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

For that car, I would say the budget system is an AiM Evo4s with a GS-Dash. That is $1,399 retail. The system I think is best as a display and inputs/outputs is the MXL2 at $1,999 retail. For a camera, you would need a Smartycam HD at $999 retail. You would also have to decide on what sensors you want. Pressure sensors are $159 each, temp at $45 each, then you would need patch cables that vary from $29 to $39 depending on which cables you need.

Let me know if I can help. I'm an AiM dealer and offer discounts for different groups. I have everything in stock for quick shipping too.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:27 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,655 Posts

I have supplied the predecessor to what Matt suggests for dozens of E36 cars. They're a great deal and a lot easier to use than the DL1. If you are using a DL1, you might consider a Video4, but I like the AiM products. Let me know if I can help!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-26-2017, 10:13 AM
Dan Schaut
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
For that car, I would say the budget system is an AiM Evo4s with a GS-Dash. That is $1,399 retail. The system I think is best as a display and inputs/outputs is the MXL2 at $1,999 retail. For a camera, you would need a Smartycam HD at $999 retail. You would also have to decide on what sensors you want. Pressure sensors are $159 each, temp at $45 each, then you would need patch cables that vary from $29 to $39 depending on which cables you need.

Let me know if I can help. I'm an AiM dealer and offer discounts for different groups. I have everything in stock for quick shipping too.
Matt, I like your suggestions. Lets talk specifics. My email is schaut5@aol.com
Dan Schaut
Old 07-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

Email sent

Quick Reply: replacing Race Technology DL1 and Dash3 with?