Old 04-25-2017, 06:26 PM
PolishedDetail
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fejjj
Well done!

Did you use 9H on this or Strong?

If 9H, how many coats?
We applied a Gold Package to Randys car. It has 4 coats of 9h topped with one coat of CP Light.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:38 PM
PolishedDetail
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fejjj
Well done!

Did you use 9H on this or Strong?

If 9H, how many coats?
Originally Posted by spicygal
Hi Nic - I just purchased a black 2017 Cayenne and am looking at having the Ceramic Pro Gold Package applied (along with full frontal clear bra). I'm wondering if you can answer a few questions for me:
From what I can tell, this product was initially released in 2010 internationally. How long has it been available in the US? How long have you been applying it? How have the long term results been? It appears that an annual inspection (and likely application of Ceramic Sport??) is needed - what does this typically run?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response.

Ceramic Pro (originally named Nano Shine) has been coating the industrial industries since 2003. They went into the Automotive industries in Asia in 2010. The launch in the United States was in 2014.

I have been installing Ceramic Pro for almost 3 years now. Our personal experience has been nothing short of impressive. I will not sell a product in my shops that I wouldn't recommend to my own family. They make an amazing product and continue to stay ahead of the industry every year to date.

Our experience with long term results has been great (up to 3 years of course). The company itself could probably fill you in more on anything past my shops personal experience.

The annual inspection includes washing and decontaminating the coating. We want to get anything that may have adhered to the topcoat off to prolong the hydrophobicity and longevity of the coating. Proper maintenance is they key to experiencing the maximum results of the coating. We then apply a topcoat of sport for extra slickness and gloss. It depends on the installers pricing. But, it's typically in the $200.00 range yearly.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 PM
islandsnow
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I can vouch for Nic and his crew, Nic and his Wife runs a very professional shop and stands by their product line.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:18 PM
spicygal
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Nic! I wish I were in SoCal!!
Old 04-26-2017, 01:27 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by PolishedDetail
Hi, Sorry for the delayed response.

Ceramic Pro (originally named Nano Shine) has been coating the industrial industries since 2003. They went into the Automotive industries in Asia in 2010. The launch in the United States was in 2014.

I have been installing Ceramic Pro for almost 3 years now. Our personal experience has been nothing short of impressive. I will not sell a product in my shops that I wouldn't recommend to my own family. They make an amazing product and continue to stay ahead of the industry every year to date.

Our experience with long term results has been great (up to 3 years of course). The company itself could probably fill you in more on anything past my shops personal experience.

The annual inspection includes washing and decontaminating the coating. We want to get anything that may have adhered to the topcoat off to prolong the hydrophobicity and longevity of the coating. Proper maintenance is they key to experiencing the maximum results of the coating. We then apply a topcoat of sport for extra slickness and gloss. It depends on the installers pricing. But, it's typically in the $200.00 range yearly.
Extraordinary work and many thanks for sharing with us here in the community more about Ceramic Pro (even my installer wasn't as informative):

I've had the CP applied for a year now (Lifetime warranty Gold package) and had some questions if you could help answer please-

1. looks like my car has a scratch due to some one walking by and perhaps their purse or zipper marred the coating: typically on a car without CP, I'd be able to polish this type of scratch off using a DA polisher etc - now, having the CP, should I just use touch up paint over this area?

2. the car is due for an annual CP inspection with the CP installer, what should I be looking for etc. as part of the lifetime warranty (what exactly does the lifetime warranty cover) so I can let the installer know if any panels need to be fixed/re-CP'd? And what should I expect from the installer do perform during the annual check? (My car is a Diamond White color, so pearl white like and it's hard to tell when looking for defects)

Sincere thanks
Old 04-26-2017, 03:14 PM
PolishedDetail
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vg247
Extraordinary work and many thanks for sharing with us here in the community more about Ceramic Pro (even my installer wasn't as informative):

I've had the CP applied for a year now (Lifetime warranty Gold package) and had some questions if you could help answer please-

1. looks like my car has a scratch due to some one walking by and perhaps their purse or zipper marred the coating: typically on a car without CP, I'd be able to polish this type of scratch off using a DA polisher etc - now, having the CP, should I just use touch up paint over this area?

2. the car is due for an annual CP inspection with the CP installer, what should I be looking for etc. as part of the lifetime warranty (what exactly does the lifetime warranty cover) so I can let the installer know if any panels need to be fixed/re-CP'd? And what should I expect from the installer do perform during the annual check? (My car is a Diamond White color, so pearl white like and it's hard to tell when looking for defects)

Sincere thanks
Hi!

I'll do my best to answer the first one. Though it's always tough without seeing issues in person.

Definitely DO NOT USE TOUCH UP over the Ceramic Pro coating. If it can be polished and recoated in that area, it should be very affordable. When something happens on one panel, we can address the issues and recoat that panel only. Touch up paint may not adhere to the coating properly as the anchor pattern is minimal compared to bare paint. If it only scratched Ceramic Pro gold package, then it did its job. The goal is for it to become a sacrificial layer to protect your car from a repaint. The product is not exactly sold or warrantied against scratches. But, in my experience it has saved my truck from many repaints lol.

Your installer should have provided you with a full warranty description and paperwork upon original install. I would call or email and ask for a full copy. The most important things the warranty covers would be bird dropping stains, sap, tar, oxidation and color fading of the paint. These are the biggest problems we usually see on uncoated vehicles as detail shops. Expect them to look for these issues for you during the annual inspection. We want to see the condition and over all look of our clients car upon drop off, during the wash process (hydrophobicity) and upon delivery back to the customer (how big their smile is haha). Seeing the car yearly allows us to address any maintenance issues (improper washing techniques/improper wash frequency) and correct them before it's too late. Your installer may or may not need to clay the coating to remove contaminants that stick to the topcoat over the year (this will depend on your wash frequency). This will bring the hydrophobic properties back like the first day it was coated. Once they are satisfied that the coating is contaminant free, they will apply Ceramic Pro Sport for gloss and slickness.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:50 PM
vg247
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by PolishedDetail
Hi!

I'll do my best to answer the first one. Though it's always tough without seeing issues in person.

Definitely DO NOT USE TOUCH UP over the Ceramic Pro coating. If it can be polished and recoated in that area, it should be very affordable. When something happens on one panel, we can address the issues and recoat that panel only. Touch up paint may not adhere to the coating properly as the anchor pattern is minimal compared to bare paint. If it only scratched Ceramic Pro gold package, then it did its job. The goal is for it to become a sacrificial layer to protect your car from a repaint. The product is not exactly sold or warrantied against scratches. But, in my experience it has saved my truck from many repaints lol.

Your installer should have provided you with a full warranty description and paperwork upon original install. I would call or email and ask for a full copy. The most important things the warranty covers would be bird dropping stains, sap, tar, oxidation and color fading of the paint. These are the biggest problems we usually see on uncoated vehicles as detail shops. Expect them to look for these issues for you during the annual inspection. We want to see the condition and over all look of our clients car upon drop off, during the wash process (hydrophobicity) and upon delivery back to the customer (how big their smile is haha). Seeing the car yearly allows us to address any maintenance issues (improper washing techniques/improper wash frequency) and correct them before it's too late. Your installer may or may not need to clay the coating to remove contaminants that stick to the topcoat over the year (this will depend on your wash frequency). This will bring the hydrophobic properties back like the first day it was coated. Once they are satisfied that the coating is contaminant free, they will apply Ceramic Pro Sport for gloss and slickness.
This is very very helpful, really appreciate the information - thank you.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Still a big fan of 5 Points Auto Detailing. The ceramic coat is still bulletproof after three years.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:09 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Wow. That looks fantastic. I'm assuming it is an expensive process .
Old 10-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Chuck Schreiber
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 81 Posts

Wow!
Looks absolutely fantastic!!
The before and after reminds me of that commercial from the 70s...

“We let this POS sit in the junkyard for years...then polished and ran it through 50 car washes at the shell station...”

kidding aside. The car looks awesome Randy!
Had my other weekend car corrected and ceramic coated and I agree w you 100% that’ it’s with it!
Old 10-03-2019, 11:35 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Schreiber
Wow!
Looks absolutely fantastic!!
The before and after reminds me of that commercial from the 70s...

“We let this POS sit in the junkyard for years...then polished and ran it through 50 car washes at the shell station...”

https://youtu.be/AC7U0ah896c

kidding aside. The car looks awesome Randy!
Had my other weekend car corrected and ceramic coated and I agree w you 100% that’ it’s with it!
Laugh all you want but Nu Finish is perhaps the greatest Cleaner- Wax type product around, also about 15% solvent. Hard to work with and don't get it on trim but I know guy local detailers that use it all the time with DA polishers for lease returns/fast preps. One of those odd "as seen on tv" things that actually works.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:37 PM
Chuck Schreiber
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
Laugh all you want but Nu Finish is perhaps the greatest Cleaner- Wax type product around. Hard to work with and don't get it on trim but I know guy local detailers that use it all the time with DA polishers for lease returns/fast preps. One of those odd "as seen on tv" things that actually works.
Agree. I've used it!!
Old 10-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Well, it's not cheap that's for sure. There are different levels of service, depending on the current condition of your paint. I went full-blown Gold package because I needed it. Well worth it in my case.

Originally Posted by linderpat
Wow. That looks fantastic. I'm assuming it is an expensive process .
The following users liked this post:
vg247 (10-04-2019)

Quick Reply: 1994 928 GTS Paint Correction and Ceramic Pro Gold Package