Notices

Metrovac...which product is best...Master Blaster or Vac n Blo?

Old 09-05-2016, 06:19 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Metrovac...which product is best...Master Blaster or Vac n Blo?

Hey All,

New to this particular forum.

I'm looking for some advice on which Metrovac product to get. I'm moving to air drying my car and away from hand drying.

I like the idea of a 2-in-1 product that both blows and vacuums, but I wonder if a combo product has enough power to do both well? If so, which would you suggest?

Or, if I went with a separate blower and vacuum, which would be the ones to get for at-home use?

The Metrovac site leaves a lot to be desired in terms of guidance and comparisons. I did a search here but didn't find enough info to answer my questions.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 09-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I have the smaller vac n blo and the larger one and I prefer the smaller one. The size is more manageable and reduces risk of bumping into paint, plastic or leather and causing damage. It's plenty powerful for vacuum. For blowing I decided on an air compressor instead and I have found that to be much more useful for not only drying but also dusting and filling tires. The metro vac will work also but a compressor works far better IMHO.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:45 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmm...hadn't thought of using an air compressor for drying...I like that idea. Is there one you prefer and do you use an attachment to make drying easier?
Old 09-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I purchased a California Air Tools compressor (http://www.californiaairtools.com/ul...ors/cat-5510a/ )primarily because they are relatively quiet which means you can carry a conversation while the compressor is refilling the tank. It's enough to maintain plenty of pressure to dust the entire car and also dry cars if needed. You'll need an air hose also, harbor freight sells them for about $60 and you'll need an air nozzle. I have one that's shaped like a gun with a trigger and rubber tip. The rubber tip is definitely a must when using it for dusting and drying just in case you get to close and make contact with the paint.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Joemat
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

For smaller cars like Porsche's I actually use the MetroVac motorcycle dryer. Its smaller and easier to navigate around the car.

It delivers a high volume of air
Attached Images  
Old 09-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Bigalfromfl
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Full size Master Blaster IMO. Great tool!
Old 09-13-2016, 12:39 PM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I have both and I use both independently. I prefer the MasterBlaster at full power to move water cutting my time in drying. I have never hit the paint with the nozzle or hose. Coming from a Stihl leaf blower there is no comparison in power and effectiveness.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:01 PM
LUSTR
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Master Blaster (8hp unit) is by far the best drying tool from Metro. We've used the small sidekick before and that's a lot better than the vac n blo since the motor is so close to the nozzle. The big 8hp unit just blows the others out of the water, literally .

We have 2 at the shop and drying cars is at least 2x quicker and more thorough (getting water out of wheels and crevices for example).

That said, the cost is definitely a big jump so depends on the budget as well.

Hope that helps,
Ivan @ Lustr
Old 10-31-2016, 03:58 AM
to_riffic_day
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

^I have the Master Blaster and attachments if you're interested in it. Willing to let go. pm me if you're at all interested!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Metrovac...which product is best...Master Blaster or Vac n Blo?