Color Correction Waxes such as Zymol Rouge

Old 08-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Color Correction Waxes such as Zymol Rouge

I've been doing some research on Zymol Rouge lately and it's miracles worked on Guards Red paint as well as other single stage painted German cars. What has surprised me however is the dramatic difference it has made even on modern clear coated red cars such as a Pontiac Solstice and a Mercedes CLA250 (neighbor down the street who uses it).

The stuff is pricey at $70, but there are more expensive waxes out there. This 'red wax' seems to be the only one I have found on the market lately. Does anyone know of any others? I am willing to start experimenting with color correction waxes on my roof and providing a guide to this forum on them, comparing the waxes by using masking tape to divide the panels each wax is applied to.

Anywho, lemme know.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I have polished a few guards red Porsches over the years and even a heavily oxidized finish can look perfect as long as you have enough paint to work with. If you're looking for perfection I would suggest polishing the paint and using pinnacle Souveran carnauba. The finish will look wet. I wish modern paints could look as good.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:25 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A clear coat system consists of one or more primer layers, a flat colour layer and a glossy, clear top layer, which allows the chosen colour to be seen.

The primer is a corrosion inhibitor and a bonding agent for the bare metal and the colour layer. It prevents corrosion and provides a stable substrate for the colour and clear coats.

The colour layer is applied to the primer and is typically very thin. Its only purpose is to provide colour. The clear coat is two to three times the thickness of the colour layer, adding to the appearance of paint depth and offering additional protection.

Manufacturers also use ultraviolet-light-blocking technology in their clear coat systems for protection against photo degeneration (sun fading).

The clear coat is the final original equipment manufacturers coating applied to a vehicle to protect the (base) colour coat from environmental damage, while providing both depth and a durable, glossy appearance, originally designed to protect and enhance metallic paints, but is now applied to all colours.

A wax has no reaction with a cured paint surface. Any product applied on top of the clear coat needs to be transparent otherwise both the paint colour and its depth of shine will be muted.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Color Correction Waxes such as Zymol Rouge