Best quick detailer for track day - car has suntek GT4

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 09:43 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Best quick detailer for track day - car has suntek GT4

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a good quick detailing spray to take to track days. My car has Suntek PPF. I've been spending a lot of time reading different detailing sites and it seems like every quick detailer spray is different in some way. So I'm hoping some of you have experience here.

My car is solid white, and has Suntek PPF Clear Bra / Film over most of the car. At track days I collect a ton of dead bugs, tire booger strikes, dust brake dust and any other track day fluid you can imagine.

I'd like to be able to wipe the car down when I get to the track day, and after I get home to remove the bugs so they don't add permanent spots on the clear bra. I already have a few because I didn't have time to wash the car right after one of my track days.

So I need one that can
-Be used in the sun
-Quick wipe down
-Helps remove bugs + track dirt
-Can be used on textured plastic (like the GT4 has on the front bumper)

Thanks in advance...

Bonus points for more inexpensive options available on amazon. Since I plan to go through this stuff quite frequently.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:08 AM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Plexus plastic cleaner works great on clear film, vinyl wrap and painted surfaces. It is a bit expensive for bugs, use a detail spray for that. Plexus works on the harder to remover rubber marks and scuffs without stripping wax like R3 does.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:12 AM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Whatever you use cannot have any color since the clear film with absorb and acquire the color of the quick detailer.
This is what I use on my Suntek clear film.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Clear_Se..._p/wac_767.htm

Quick Reply: Best quick detailer for track day - car has suntek GT4