Notices

Hard Coat Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Bates
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hard Coat Help Needed

Have a new LR4 on the way - this one white. Are the Ceramic Pro's of the world really that good? How long do they last on a daily driver (we get all four seasons in Cleveland)?

I have used Xzylon (lasted about a year) and had my 996 coated with Flight Shield... seems like you really only get one year.

Am I wrong?
Old 06-08-2016, 09:05 AM
SC Detailer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coatings

Originally Posted by Bates
Have a new LR4 on the way - this one white. Are the Ceramic Pro's of the world really that good? How long do they last on a daily driver (we get all four seasons in Cleveland)?

I have used Xzylon (lasted about a year) and had my 996 coated with Flight Shield... seems like you really only get one year.

Am I wrong?
No, they are not.

You mentioned CP, that is a brand of coating, not the whole coating industry. There are others with a good bit more transparency as to what these new coatings can do to protect you car and there are those that embellish a great deal to gain market share.
The number one thing to consider is don't buy into a brand, buy into the detailer and trust them. That being said, you can look into CQuartz Finest, Modesta and Nanolex. I mention these, because I have dealt with each company and know what they can and cannot do and also that they don't make claims of lifetime coatings or that you can hit them with a lighter and now marks (That has also been done to a car with just wax).
You are not that far from Detailers Domain in New Jersey. Give Phil a call and talk to him about the coatings. He will give you the information as facts and not fluff.
He also is a sponsor on Rennlist.

HUMP

Quick Reply: Hard Coat Help Needed