Notices

Removing Stone Chips on Textured Rocker Panels

Old 01-19-2016, 07:58 AM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Removing Stone Chips on Textured Rocker Panels

I have a 2009 C2S with arctic silver paint which I have been able to maintain a concours quality finish since I purchased it in 2012. I have a Porter Cable orbital polisher and use various Adams and Zymol detailing products on the finish and interior. I live in the Atlanta suburbs and have enjoyed relatively stone chip free driving. On Sunday I joined a group of guys for a spirited drive through the Chattahochee national forest and some high elevation roads. As my luck would have it it was snowing on the higher elevation roads and GDOT had put down a significant amount of sand and gravel for traction. When I got home the car was covered in a sand/salt residue and I promptly washed it. The good news is that I did not have any stone chips on the hood, fenders, front, etc, however, my stone guards and the textured surface below the doors in front of the stone guards were peppered with stone chips. I clay barred and waxed those areas with my PC and some higher grit polish yesterday and surprisingly I got out most of the chips on the stone guards, however, the textured areas I did not have as much luck. Aside from a respray does anyone have any suggestions to remedy the stone chips on the textures areas?

Thank you in advance.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:32 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

You're in luck. The texture paint is much easier to touch up, than the smooth body panels. And hides the tough-up much better. Use Dr. Color Chip and/or your Porsche Touch-up Paint.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:18 AM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for your suggestion. I have had good luck with Dr. Colorchip on the smooth painted surfaces and will definitely give it a try on the textured surface this week once the temps come up a bit.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:20 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Remove all the wax/sealant in that area. Do the Dr. Color Chip. Let dry and cure a couple days. Then go back and do your polishing and re-wax/sealant.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing Stone Chips on Textured Rocker Panels