Notices

Leaves in your wash mitts / MF towels

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Leaves in your wash mitts / MF towels

Lots of rain as the leaves were falling the last couple of weeks. I've really tried to get all the leaves hosed off the car but my mitt always seems to find one (or a piece of one) somewhere around the back bumper.

Can you ever get them out reliably? I threw 2 microfibers out because it looked hopeless after a piece of a leaf I missed disintegrated in the wash.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Mitts as well as microfiber towels are wear and tear items. It sucks if you have to toss them a bit early but better to dump than risk it...if you're using Microfiber Madness gear it sucks even more!

But you can try using a washing machine, agitating it against your grit guard or just hand plucking the debris.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:13 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 501 Likes on 344 Posts

Mitts as well as microfiber towels are wear and tear items.
Agree, this time of year or when the car is dirtier than normal, I use a cheap microfiber towel and make it a "door jamp" or wheel towel after use. Never for drying or polishing again.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:12 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Interesting topic - one I've thought through as well.

For the microfibers I've used for washing the exterior, I pre-wash outside, then put through the washing machine, and then ultimately re-use a couple times until they're not soft. But if leaves get into them, they become scrape -- no hesitation. Best case, I do what I can to get rid of the leaves and might use the towel for wheel duty.

I'm really careful to avoid leaves touching the wash-mitts - those things aren't cheap! Once dry, I keep them in a gallon-sized wash mitt to keep dust out of them.

Quick Reply: Leaves in your wash mitts / MF towels