Old 08-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 276 Posts
Default Outrageous shipping charges!

Autogeek: $15.95 flat
Griots: depends on total of order, from high to higher
Detailersdomain: $8.88 flat

any relief from this madness in shipping charges?
Old 08-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 276 Posts

Update: found most (not all) of the products on Amazon, with free 2 day Prime Shipping.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:52 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Plenty of threads on Autogeek's own forum about the outrageous shipping. Buy from either Amazon or wait until one of AG's sales where it is free shipping if you spent $X
Old 08-03-2015, 10:37 PM
IPGJames
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

you guys do realize shipping packages is actually pretty expensive..check ups and fedex for their retail rates...most companies offer discounts off the retail rates but at the end of the day shipping packages is expensive and only going to get more expensive.

anyone offering "free shipping" is just wrapping their best possible shipping cost into the cost of the product...some companies can offer better deals than others based on their shipping account or negotiated shipping rate based on volume....companies like Autogeek cater to a specific audience and offer great service...yes...their shipping may be a bit higher but the service they provide makes me want to pay their shipping charge no questions asked...call someone at amazon and actually try and find out specific information about a product they are offering...i use my amazon prime account a lot but when did amazon actually give you any real information other than the lowest price?
Old 08-04-2015, 10:35 AM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been a sponsor here for years, as well as a Porsche owner and enthusiast. We love supporting everyone here and would love to continue.

That's right we offer flat rate shipping of $8.88 on orders over $50.00 and free shipping over $125.00.

We can in now way fight Amazon or even our competitors but we always try to showcase our work and new products.

I'm a prime member as well and use it for toilet paper and items that do not need support I'm all for it. However like IPGJames said we are subsidizing our shipping that cost way more than the $8.88 shipping.

In our shipping costs we also have to include packaging materials as well as our labor rates as well as our sponsorship here $$$$

Thanks to all that have been supportive of us throughout the years.
tel: 201-233-0003
Promo code is rennlist for 10% off anything on the site
Current Sales and Updates
Old 08-04-2015, 10:41 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
Update: found most (not all) of the products on Amazon, with free 2 day Prime Shipping.
Good luck asking Amazon a technical and product related question. And let me know when Amazon becomes a Rennlist sponsor.

All my detailing business goes to Phil at Detailers Domain. Great products and customer service. Several times a year, he offers great sales & discounts.

I'm not looking for the lowest price, I'm seeking the best total value.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:54 PM
JSF721
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You guys are a funny bunch. Not you specifically but I see many threads like this on a few forums I am on. We are a wholesale distributor. We represent manufacturers in a geographic area. And there are others carrying similar products in our area. We are competitive but not the cheapest.

I have guys in our showroom looking and asking questions. Recently had someone in about a garage floor coating. Salesman called me because the gentleman was balking at the products we recommended to prep his concrete and someone else told him it was not necessary and that we are hosing him.

I said that's nice, but it from them. He goes on to say that guy is in California and the freight is outrageous. I said, you can buy whatever you want but if you have a problem and don't prep properly we cannot help you.

He actually takes out his phone to write down everything I am saying, products needed, how much material is required and price. I let him do it. Ask for the order and he says I need to think about it. OK. I know the type-He is not my customer.

Sales person says why did you give him all the info. I said the only way we land him is if he sees a value. He DID NOT.

Anyway. a few weeks later this guy calls and asks what the warranty is on the material. We tell him and he asks how to put in a claim. I ask for his invoice number. He says that he purchased it elsewhere. I give him the local factory rep as we don't warrant sales from other dealers. I ask if he was ever in the store and he say yes I am a customer-hook me up please. I ask for him name, after checking in the system, He purchased 1 item a paint roller replacement head. I said did you buy this from California? He says yes, how did you know? I said call them for the warranty.

Many People suck, will ask for advice and buy elsewhere, I think that is stealing but that's because it happens to me too often. The internet makes the world small maybe we should charge for knowledge? If your buying poroduct and you want to wring out the last dime fine. Just don't look to steal knowledge and time if you are not planning on buying.

I buy local, want a good deal but need to get support. Phil at Detailers Domain is fairly priced, ships fast and answers question quickly. I have also used his detailing service and his people are top notch.and highly skilled. He is worth every penny to me.

I am not one for over paying but I also don't look to buy from the cheapest guy and milk the knowledge form the smart people.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Outrageous shipping charges!