Notices

Difficult seeing polish, sealant and wax haze

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 11:21 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Difficult seeing polish, sealant and wax haze

My car is white, very white. It is difficult seeing the haze to wipe off. I do my detailing in my garage. I have changed the garage fluorescent lights to a bright outdoor light, but with the shadows cast in the garage I am missing spots. Is there a portable light that can be used? Any suggestion will be helpful. It is also very difficult to detect the haze outside. There should be light haze for dark cars and dark haze for light cars. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:27 PM
PolishedDetail
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a couple simple tricks to seeing the excess product on bright white cars.

I recommend first: a LED light on the floor pointing toward the panel you're working on. Keep the light about 3 feet ahead of where you're working and you should be able to see any excess product pretty easily looking down the panel toward the light.

If that isn't solving the issue. I also wear an LED light with a head mount when working with paint corrections. This way the light will move with your eye line and eliminate shadows. You can find a good one on Amazon for fairly cheap.

Hope that helps!

-Nic
Old 07-20-2015, 10:29 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by PolishedDetail
There are a couple simple tricks to seeing the excess product on bright white cars. I recommend first: a LED light on the floor pointing toward the panel you're working on. Keep the light about 3 feet ahead of where you're working and you should be able to see any excess product pretty easily looking down the panel toward the light. If that isn't solving the issue. I also wear an LED light with a head mount when working with paint corrections. This way the light will move with your eye line and eliminate shadows. You can find a good one on Amazon for fairly cheap. Hope that helps! -Nic
Thank you. Very helpful.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:35 PM
SC Detailer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would add that you can turn all the main lights off and turn on the LED light and look down the panel to see more defects or left behind polish and wax.

HUMP
Old 07-22-2015, 10:20 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by SC Detailer
I would add that you can turn all the main lights off and turn on the LED light and look down the panel to see more defects or left behind polish and wax. HUMP
Thanks. Will do.

Quick Reply: Difficult seeing polish, sealant and wax haze