Detailer near Upland CA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 02:53 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Detailer near Upland CA?

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good detail guy near Upland CA. I have a 2012 Black Edition Boxster S and have been fighting water spots. I even bought a CRS de-ionization unit which works well until the de-ionizing resin cartridges need new resin. I've been getting it detailed at the P dealer but I'm not sure how good they've been preparing the car. I have a feeling they're getting most of the spots off and then the wax hides the rest.

The CRS seems to get it clean without spots but then they still show up. I have a feeling they show as the wax wears off.

Since I plan on keeping this black car for a while, if there was a really good detail guy near Upland, it would better than trekking to the dealer for just a detail. Not to mention that at the dealer, I don't get the same person each time.

Thanks in advance!
Charlie
Old 07-20-2015, 03:21 PM
PolishedDetail
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Charlie C
I'm looking for a recommendation for a good detail guy near Upland CA. I have a 2012 Black Edition Boxster S and have been fighting water spots. I even bought a CRS de-ionization unit which works well until the de-ionizing resin cartridges need new resin. I've been getting it detailed at the P dealer but I'm not sure how good they've been preparing the car. I have a feeling they're getting most of the spots off and then the wax hides the rest.

The CRS seems to get it clean without spots but then they still show up. I have a feeling they show as the wax wears off.

Since I plan on keeping this black car for a while, if there was a really good detail guy near Upland, it would better than trekking to the dealer for just a detail. Not to mention that at the dealer, I don't get the same person each time.

Thanks in advance!
Charlie
Hi Charlie,

You are absolutely right about the water spots doing a disappearing and reappearing act due to the product wearing off. Typically its silicone fillers being used to fill in/cover up these imperfections. The de-ionizing tanks will help greatly for future washes, but they will not help the current problem.

Black cars, especially porsches are incredibly hard to maintain. If it's not water spots, it will be spider webbing/car wash scratching. I highly recommend researching any detailer you choose to touch your black car. Putting a machine in less than experienced hands on your black paint could mean major damage.

I would highly recommend having the paint completely and truly corrected by a professional to remove the imperfections. It will probably be a bit more costly than what the dealer is currently charging, but it will be worth your investment. I would also highly recommend having a ceramic coating applied to the paint after correction. This will minimize the chances of spotting and wash scratches in the future. It will also make washing and maintaining your car yourself a breeze in the future
Old 07-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by PolishedDetail
Hi Charlie,

You are absolutely right about the water spots doing a disappearing and reappearing act due to the product wearing off. Typically its silicone fillers being used to fill in/cover up these imperfections. The de-ionizing tanks will help greatly for future washes, but they will not help the current problem.

Black cars, especially porsches are incredibly hard to maintain. If it's not water spots, it will be spider webbing/car wash scratching. I highly recommend researching any detailer you choose to touch your black car. Putting a machine in less than experienced hands on your black paint could mean major damage.

I would highly recommend having the paint completely and truly corrected by a professional to remove the imperfections. It will probably be a bit more costly than what the dealer is currently charging, but it will be worth your investment. I would also highly recommend having a ceramic coating applied to the paint after correction. This will minimize the chances of spotting and wash scratches in the future. It will also make washing and maintaining your car yourself a breeze in the future
Thanks for the information. In fact, that's why I was asking for a recommendation of a good detailer in the Upland, CA area. I didn't want to just go to someone I found randomly. Can you recommend someone in this area. I don't mind a few cities away if necessary.

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2015, 08:17 PM
PolishedDetail
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Charlie C
Thanks for the information. In fact, that's why I was asking for a recommendation of a good detailer in the Upland, CA area. I didn't want to just go to someone I found randomly. Can you recommend someone in this area. I don't mind a few cities away if necessary.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone personally to recommend in your area. Your best bet is to check yelp reviews, Instagram posts, look for a professional website and call a few guys to see who sounds knowledgable.

Ask what type of products they use. I recommend finding someone that uses Menzerna products. Menzerna products don't contain the fillers a lot of the cheaper brands do. It's all I use in my shop. Ask for some before and after pics.

I hope that helps!

-Nic

Quick Reply: Detailer near Upland CA?