Notices

How to Dry Your Car Quickly - MetroBlaster

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 07:37 AM
snowcar_C4S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Dry Your Car Quickly - MetroBlaster

I have used a Stihl backpack leaf blower, in addition to the Stihl electric leaf blower in an attempt to speed up the drying process. These work, to some extent, but nothing works like this:

https://www.metrovacworld.com/Air_Fo...B-3CD/overview

Some time ago on the Bimmerpost M3 board I posted a question with respect to methods for drying a car a little more quickly than the typical methods. One of the most trusted vendors on that board, Mike Benvo (Mike performs remote coding services on the M3) recommended the MetroBlaster. I ordered one last week, and was able to use it on Saturday. I washed three cars on Saturday morning, my C4S, M3 and my SO's A7. The MetroBlaster is nothing short of phenomenal, it drys the car completely. So now I have a lot of spare microfiber towels!!

Jokes aside, I was skeptical, but after using this tool, I am impressed. I am your typical OCD car owner, so want you to realize that it had to be perfect for me to be satisfied. It's that and more, plus the time savings simply can't be beaten. The initial outlay was in the $350 range. This device has completed my inventory of detailing tools, so I paid a similar amount for my Flex Orbital, but I will get more use out of the MetroBlaster.

Typically, after a car wash, I spent time drying the door jambs, under the hood, engine and trunk jambs. That process with the MetroBlaster took under a minute. I do not endorse products on this board, unless they work as advertised, or are useful. Hope that this helps!
Old 07-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I didn't realize or think it would be that much better than a leaf blower or their Vac N Blow vacuum cleaner. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:04 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 566 Posts

We've been using a similar blower for years. Gave one as a gift to a friend who used a leaf blower.

He was BLOWN AWAY by the difference (pun intended )

Gotta use hearing protection - it's loud.
And gotta think about the order in which you dry the car - otherwise you'll spray a bit of water onto an already dried section. Does a great job getting water out from where the windscreen wipers tuck in. Also perfect for getting water out of joints where body panels meet (and of course door sills, etc).

Safe to use on Xpel clear mask in our experience. So far no issues (after several years on different cars).
Old 07-12-2015, 03:15 AM
Nightfly
Reanimator
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Been using my shop vac with the filter on to keep exiting air dust free. Seems to work great. Warmed air? It's friggin hot outside.

Quick Reply: How to Dry Your Car Quickly - MetroBlaster