Notices

waterless wash and wax experience?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 09:49 PM
968_981
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waterless wash and wax experience?

I have access to water hose but still want to have a second option while it's in the garage. Any of you tried this before, what do you think?

Amazon.com: 32oz. Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: Automotive Amazon.com: 32oz. Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: Automotive
Old 06-01-2015, 11:05 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 501 Likes on 344 Posts

Nice product, I picked some up this past winter. I use it for light cleaning. I also drop a capful into my wash bucket even if I rinse. Really lets water sheet right off.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:11 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default waterless wash and wax experience?

It's awesome. I've been through a gallon over the years. I had to use it for a couple years when there was a "drought" in NC. It really does work unless the car is really dirty. I also drop some in the wash bucket to help contaminants fall to the bottom of the bucket. Get a "grit guard" to go with it!
Old 06-05-2015, 09:08 AM
ET1KTRD
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also try Eco smart RU by Chemical guys. I think it's superior to Optimum.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:13 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

I've been using Optimum No Rinse for 5+ years and I can recommend it for sure. Great product. I haven't 'washed' my car in years unless it's properly dirty. ONR is fantastic.

You should wipe the panels straight up and down to minimize any swirling. With proper care and the two-bucket method, I've never introduced swirls to my finish after paint correction using ONR. I just ordered a gallon of Adams no-rinse, going to give that a shot to see how it compares to ONR. No reason other than trying something new after 5+ years.

Order it!
Old 06-06-2015, 06:06 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ET1KTRD
I would also try Eco smart RU by Chemical guys. I think it's superior to Optimum.
Agreed, I used it on my wife's black BMW between washes
Old 06-06-2015, 08:50 PM
968_981
Intermediate

Thanks guys. I tried a cap full with about 16 oz water. Sprayed the hood really wet, let it sat for a couple mins, that swiped the surface gently with clean micro clothes. Dry with another clean dry MC. I did the hood and the back end. It seems to clean well. I have been hand washing and waxing cars for a quarter century, getting so used to the smooth waxy buffed surface afterwards. After ONR, the surfaces feel dry as if there's no coating at all. I figured at the concentration much higher than instruction, I should get some sort of coating. Am I doing something wrong, or if this is how it's supposed to feel?
Old 06-06-2015, 09:08 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

Spraying panels and wiping isn't how it's supposed to be used for washing, that's just for quick detailing. Dilute it in a bucket of water, with a separate bucket (also with a cap full in it plus grit guard) for rinsing your wash mitt. Soak your mitt, wipe the panel, pat dry with waffle weave MF towel right after. Then move on to next panel.

The ONR will not leave any finish on the paint - you'll need to wax the car for that. ONR is also available in a version that has liquid wax in it, it's the green coloured version. That would leave a slick coating afterwards.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:40 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 501 Likes on 344 Posts

I use ONR to get some of the light dirt off and then give a quick spray and buff with Griots spray wax....leaving things nice and slick.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:16 AM
Chrono
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 95_993
I use ONR to get some of the light dirt off and then give a quick spray and buff with Griots spray wax....leaving things nice and slick.
Look at his car (avatar) then take his advice! ONR then one of these spray detaiers will give your car embarrassing levels of gloss...

Chemical Guys V7
Adams Detailer
Poorbooy's Spray & Gloss
Poorboy's World QD+
Finish Kare 425

That list basically goes from easiest to use to more difficult. The difficulty basically coming from smearing and the need to wipe and buff more.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:13 AM
SC Detailer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill use it or Ultima Waterless if I want to take the car out and it has been sitting and collected some dust. If it is actually really dirty from driving, I will do a standard wash.

HUMP
Old 06-28-2015, 10:50 AM
LandShark
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

It's not the product(s), but the technique that really matters. Most, all, rinseless wash products works great. (I use Adam's) The key is "common sense". It works fine on car with light dusting, slight dirty. Not mean to be use on a real dirty car. Also, pre-soak the panels with the product first to left up the dirt and less chances for scratching. Lastly, go to YouTube and search for Garry Dean wash method. That's the best rinseless wash method IMO. No chances to reintroduce any dirt onto the paint!

I use rinseless wash when our cars is only slightly dusty or ran through rain after a wash. Or in the cold winter time when water freeze up outside. In fact, I just washed our cars last weekend using rinseless wash. It's a great quick maintenance wash product IMO. Major time save, and as save to use as anything given the correct method.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:43 AM
Daviswilson259
2nd Gear

Default Waterless Wash

I prefer and recommend Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash because it cleans all dirt from the car with out a single a scratch on it and gives my car a glossy look.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:42 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

One word....Kenotek. This product works the best for me on a light clean.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:45 AM
Daviswilson259
2nd Gear

I believe you should go for Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash because it really gives a glossy look. Try it & let me know your feedback.

Quick Reply: waterless wash and wax experience?