Notices

Detailer in San Francisco Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 12:44 AM
Hojo8
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailer in San Francisco Area

I will be flying out of the San Francisco international Airport and would like to leave my car with a skilled detailer while traveling. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Old 04-19-2015, 03:51 AM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

Robert at Autoconcierge http://justwaxed.net/ in Fremont is one of the best but you would want to discuss with him what you are looking for (as you would with anyone).

I have tried another organization called Diamond Care Care in Palo Alto and was not satisfied in the end.

I am curious about other suggestions, there must be many other alternatives. The two I have mentioned here can do 'concours'/color correction type detailing.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:32 PM
rloggie
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+10 for Robert Willis and Justwaxed.com
A real gentleman and a hell of a detailer. Call for appointment a good bit in advance.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:51 PM
turbofever
Banned

all you guys recommend Rob although who the hell wants to spend $1500-3000 on a detail.

I used the detailer next to S CAR GO - results were pretty good, I feel he rushed my car at the end which I was disappointed with.

that said the buffing he did was top notch.

I would have expected him to have polish my hre wheels, he barley tried to even clean them. just sprayed tire shine on the centers to give them a new look!

personally speaking I would not spend more than $500 on an exterior detail.

I have heard good things about Detail Addict, problem is that they are not too close to SF.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:13 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.yelp.com/biz/auto-salon-works-belmont-2
Old 05-01-2015, 03:13 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

less than 1000 cannot be detail it's more maintenance.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:58 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

If this Auto Salon Works is near the Belmont CalTrain and does good work it would be nice. Anybody else have experiences?

Trending Topics

Old 05-14-2015, 09:18 AM
SC Detailer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting what you pay for

Originally Posted by turbofever
all you guys recommend Rob although who the hell wants to spend $1500-3000 on a detail.

(Many people will spend that much on their vehicle to correct flaws and to use premium protection products, These prices on a new vehicle, in my area, would get you an in-depth, more than likely a coating as well, such as Modesta or CQuartz Finest)

I used the detailer next to S CAR GO - results were pretty good, I feel he rushed my car at the end which I was disappointed with.

(He rushed your car, another reason to spend more money on a quality detailer)

that said the buffing he did was top notch.

I would have expected him to have polish my hre wheels, he barley tried to even clean them. just sprayed tire shine on the centers to give them a new look!

(Did he discuss the wheel option? Bob's price at Auto Concierge more than likely includes pulling the wheels off and polishing and protecting)

personally speaking I would not spend more than $500 on an exterior detail.

(You get what you pay for. $500, even in my small area would get you a solid single step polish and a quality wax or sealant. Wheels would be cleaned, but not polished and the inside would probably get a light vac. Single step polish depending on prior paint defects could gain you around 60-65% correction of swirls and scratches)

I have heard good things about Detail Addict, problem is that they are not too close to SF.
This is why you have to know what you are getting into with detailing and know that the term detail is used to describe many options for reconditioning

HUMP
Old 05-22-2015, 02:53 AM
turbofever
Banned

Originally Posted by SC Detailer
This is why you have to know what you are getting into with detailing and know that the term detail is used to describe many options for reconditioning

HUMP
i am with you - i paid $300 for the detail and from the other cars around me that i saw the detailer complete i felt i was getting an outrageous deal.

can anyone tell me what is the best diy detailing kit? i am talking about a buffer too - porter cable appear good.

i am a very patient person and enjoy cleaning my car when the results are visible.

for example my 2 day leatherique process i did on my interior left me with a grin.

Quick Reply: Detailer in San Francisco Area