Notices

Do not try this at home...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 03:54 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Do not try this at home...

I was ordering a replacement leather seat cover for my suburban and came across this video on cleaning leather seats. I think I'll stick to leatherique.

YMMV!

Old 04-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Yeah, one time clean. Next time your leather will be disintegrated and it won't matter if it's clean or not!

Seriously, I hope people know better.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:43 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most importantly - choose carefully whose advice you listen to, and more importantly what advice you act upon.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:33 AM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great advice, never put much thought into how important the cleaning was with black seats since the dirt doesn't show.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:03 PM
turbofever
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently used leatherique - the only snag is that with deviated stitching you have to avoid it at all costs. the oils will stain the stitching

what I was impressed with is that despite the long process to get the rejuvenator on, leave it over night then use the pristine clean

the leather was not left with a gross oily film, it just looked cleaner.

I was a little apprehensive to use the product as my leather it red - that said it was safe on this color.

I will continue to use leatehrique - its great!

it gave my interior a rich good smell too.. it must have drawn some of the oils out from the leather.. this has since gone away though.

I will likely condition my leather once a year.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:30 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by turbofever
I recently used leatherique - the only snag is that with deviated stitching you have to avoid it at all costs. the oils will stain the stitching

what I was impressed with is that despite the long process to get the rejuvenator on, leave it over night then use the pristine clean

the leather was not left with a gross oily film, it just looked cleaner.

I was a little apprehensive to use the product as my leather it red - that said it was safe on this color.

I will continue to use leatehrique - its great!

it gave my interior a rich good smell too.. it must have drawn some of the oils out from the leather.. this has since gone away though.

I will likely condition my leather once a year.
Slathering that Rejuvenator Oil on the seats is a messy process, it must have taken forever to avoid the stitching!

Thank you for the feedback on the deviated stitching, I had not seen this with my own car although my Spyder has a black full leather with the light grey stitching. What color stitching do you have and what exactly did you observe as far as the staining? Also did you try cleaning the stitching with a different product to see if the stains could be removed?
Old 04-29-2015, 09:12 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I put leatherique on my e46 M3 wheel with the blue/red/green stitching and didn't notice anything. It definitely didn't clean the stitching, though.

Quick Reply: Do not try this at home...