Notices

Great Deal on AA Wheel Protectant

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Petroguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Deal on AA Wheel Protectant

My local Target in STL had Armor All Wheel Protectant in the original smaller can on clearance tonight for $2 (normally $7 there, more elsewhere). They are either discontinuing the product or making way for the newer larger can. I bought every can they have because I think it's the best defense against the infamous brakedust our cars put off.

Just thought I would offer a heads up so you can check out one near you and either stock up or give it a try.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! I'll ask my wife if she can pick up a few cans as well.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:20 AM
lil walk
Intermediate

Good looking out.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Must be certain stores only, no sale at our Target unfortunately.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:18 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

I have a few coats of opti seal or powerlock, or wolfgang on my rims. I have always sealed/waxed my rims. Putting a coat or barrier on wheels is a no brainer. Makes cleaning easier, but of course, does not "repel" dust. This product from AA sounds interesting.

The claim of dust being "repelled," legit? Putting up a barrier, does that count as repelling? Or does it really bounce dust, like with a static charge?

It got a few endorsements on various German car fourms.

What is the consensus on this forum about this product?

I guess it is worth a try if it is only a few bucks.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ClintonM3
I have a few coats of opti seal or powerlock, or wolfgang on my rims. I have always sealed/waxed my rims. Putting a coat or barrier on wheels is a no brainer. Makes cleaning easier, but of course, does not "repel" dust. This product from AA sounds interesting.

The claim of dust being "repelled," legit? Putting up a barrier, does that count as repelling? Or does it really bounce dust, like with a static charge?

It got a few endorsements on various German car fourms.

What is the consensus on this forum about this product?

I guess it is worth a try if it is only a few bucks.
I have been using it on my wifes CX9 since new and I can tell you that the product not only repels brake dust, it also repels dirt, mud, water and other road debris. Her wheels look great and in fact the wheels usually look cleaner than the rest of the car. I often debate about spraying the stuff on the entire car so I don't have to clean it for a month.

Having said that, it does leave the surface with slightly less shine while the coating remains. Initially you'll need more product but with time the layer builds and you need less to maintain clean wheels.

I haven't used it on the Spyder since I want to check long term affects but I may start using it on the barrels starting next year after I test the product for a year and through a winter on the CX9. I'm going to also start using it on a recently acquired C32.

I wish the stuff was cheaper though.

Last edited by Marine Blue; 11-01-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Petroguy
Advanced

Well said Marine and I agree.

They are moving to a much larger bottle to compete more with Meguiar's version (tried it, and it is a very inferior product IMHO). Unfortunately, it runs about $15 per bottle in the new size. It would probably still be more than worth it but YMMV. Weird that it would only be on clearance in my area. Curious to see if anyone else finds it on sale or on clearance.

For the record, this video was what made me take the plunge and start using it when it came out. I had an Audi S4 that was maybe worse than my 911.

Quick Reply: Great Deal on AA Wheel Protectant