Forum Favorite Kit?

Old 07-11-2009, 10:38 AM
helmet155
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum Favorite Kit?

Good for arctic silver?

Any other recommendations?

I like the idea of carnauba over a polymer sealant...

Also don't mind getting a 7424 so maybe a recommendation on a kit for that setup?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Griots has a sale on their upgraded RO, they also sell kits
Old 07-11-2009, 09:43 PM
helmet155
Pro

So you prefer Griot's? Why?

This is the forum favorite kit I was talking about:

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/fofakit.html
Old 07-12-2009, 08:04 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

that looks great! I've recently purchased some items from detailers domain. Just email Phil and tell him what you're looking for. He has great kits and, although, pricey, I have everything I need. the products are worth every penny and the good thing is, they work! I've have a collection of stuff that just didn't do as promised. just my 2 cents! Good luck! and nice car in pic!
Old 07-12-2009, 10:34 AM
c2silver
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I highly recommend Phi at Detailers Domain, he will give you the best service and has been very competitive with pricing. I emailed him about the flex orbital buffer and the "deal" that an other site had, I ended up getting it from Phil and it was less than the 'deal" from the other site. I have emailed Phil numerous times on Sunday and he gets back to me within a short period of time. I am in the service business and appreciate when someone takes the time to go out of their way to help. I do not find Phil to be expensive but a pleasure to do business with someone who delivers and there have been no surprises. I took a look at Superior Car Care's website and looked at 'who are we" and found nothing about the company. If you have a problem, who are you going to call? Their pricing is similar to Phil's.

Service and price has been discussed at length on this forum, its your choice.
I have no affiliation with Phil or any other detailer.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:48 AM
RL911
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I use autogeek, they have the best prices and widest selection. They sell kits and frequently run specials. If you don't know what you are doing and need advice , then by all means call one of the sponsors of this forum.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Detailed Image
Former Vendor

We have quite a few auto detailing kits available that may suit your needs. We also don't fluff our kits by adding products you may not need or ones that don't work best together.

If you have any questions on anything, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

George
Old 07-16-2009, 03:59 PM
helmet155
Pro

This is unbelievable how overwhelming the options are.

All I want is:

1. Wash
2. Polish
3. Sealant
4. Carnauba
5. Spray mist for upkeep
6. Applicators and towels.

This forum favorite kit has all of that except for the wash stuff.

George your website is overwhelming. I am drawn to the Forum Fav kit due to the simplicity.

Maybe I will have to put off getting the 7424 for a bit, or not at all since I have a silver car that does not have any swirl marks (thus no need for 'cutting')??
Old 07-16-2009, 04:37 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by helmet155
FWIW, I'm pretty new to the detailing world too and was overwhelmed by the number of product choices out there. I did a bit of research and wound up with the following set of products, all of which I've been very happy with:

- P21S Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo
- P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner
- Sonus Tire and Bumper Dressing
- Sonus Ultra Fine Detail Clay
- Sonus Glyde Detailing Clay Lubricant
- P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser Polish
- P21S Carnauba Wax
- Sonus Der Wunder Microfiber Drying Towels
- Sonus Microfiber Car Polishing Towels

My results with these products have been excellent. I just did a full detail of my car over the July 4th weekend and have some pictures of the finished product here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/wisbang/...75460737469538

I purchased from Autopia and Autogeek and both have had good prices and service.

Last edited by logan2z; 07-16-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Detailed Image
Former Vendor

All I want is:

1. Wash
2. Polish
3. Sealant
4. Carnauba
5. Spray mist for upkeep
6. Applicators and towels.

This forum favorite kit has all of that except for the wash stuff.

George your website is overwhelming. I am drawn to the Forum Fav kit due to the simplicity.

Maybe I will have to put off getting the 7424 for a bit, or not at all since I have a silver car that does not have any swirl marks (thus no need for 'cutting')??
Here are some of my personal favorites for what you mentioned:

1. Maintenance Shampoo - Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II - Lots of suds, great lubricity, gentle cleaners, and very economical especially in the 128oz size.
2. Polish/Glaze - If you are applying via hand and not a buffer, I'd skip an abrasive polish or pick up a very mild one. In fact, you could opt to do a polish and sealant in one step to save you time and money. Consider Optimum Poli-Seal or Klasse All In One for that. If you didn't want an all in one type product but still wanted to add gloss and depth without using abrasives, consider using a glaze like Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze.
3. If you wanted a dedicated sealant, Blackfire Wet Diamond is a popular sealant that goes on and off very easy, quite durable and looks very sharp on all colors.
4. Wax - Lots of options here, the P21S waxes are great on lighter colored vehicles, definitely won't be disappointed there. If you wanted to step it up from there, I'd look at one of the color specific Dodo Juice waxes, such as Light Fantastic or Diamond White.
5. Maintenance Spray - Something like Optimum Car Wax is an excellent product to use after washes to help add a layer of gloss and depth while adding a layer of protection. This is a liquid wax, so you could skip the paste wax if you go this route. If you're looking more for just a gloss enhancer without protection, something like Optimum Instant Detailer or Chemical Guys Speed Wipe are great options. Basically, you'd reapply your paste wax once a month going this route.
Towels and applicators - I'd recommend picking up a handful of our all purpose towels and some foam applicator pads. Snag a few ultra plush towels for using the quick detailer / maintenance sprays.

If your content with the level of imperfections in your paint, then you can certainly hold off on the PC. Investing in a buffer should be done when you want to properly remove swirls and other imperfections in the paint.

If you can hold off towards the end of the month, we'll be running a nice promotion that will save you a bit. You can always use coupon code rennlist for 10% off as well.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Cheers,

George
Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

The sponsors on Rennlist are always a good choice as they offer the technical support for their products and respond to posts on here.

I noted Griots because that is what I purchased and I have been happy with it. I have also been very happy with their customer service over the years. Bottom line is that if you buy a decent RO, good products and follow the detailed instructions your results will be amazing.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:25 PM
helmet155
Pro

George thank you for the info and recommendations. I will be placing an order soon.

One last question, the steps and products discussed above will yield great results: polish, shine, depth and POP right?

My car has absolutely zero swirl marks or paint imperfections so I want to keep it that way
Old 07-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Detailed Image
Former Vendor

George thank you for the info and recommendations. I will be placing an order soon.

One last question, the steps and products discussed above will yield great results: polish, shine, depth and POP right?

My car has absolutely zero swirl marks or paint imperfections so I want to keep it that way
If you perform each step properly, you paint should definitely be jumping! The fact that you have little to no imperfections on the paint should make it easy to do so. The products I mentioned should take your shine to the next level as well as protect your vehicle and make maintaining it significantly easier.

Let me know if you need any suggestions for any other areas of your vehicle.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing about your results!

George

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forum Favorite Kit?