Notices

Best product for cleaning red stitching on my Lloyds mats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 05:39 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Best product for cleaning red stitching on my Lloyds mats?

Black matts, red carerra lettering, or at least it used to be. Driver's side lettering is hammered! Any good stuff out there to return the red back to red?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know how well it will bring back the coloring....but for my interior and mats as well as general cleanup....the best solution I have found is a 1 to 8 solution of Woolite. It brought out the red PORSCHE lettering in my floormats....and it seems to do a damn good job of cleaning just about anything. I mix up the solution then take a wash cloth and soak then wring out the rag, and start to cleaning it a patch at a time....rinsing the cloth out as I go. Then let it dry....vacuum it, then clean again as needed. You'd be surprised how well Woolite actually works...cleans leather too...but dont' use it on Alcantra.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

+1 on above. If you have access to a product like Meguiar's All purpose cleaner that will work very well also - you spray it on, agitate it a bit with a soft brush, then vacuum it out, much like the woolite. Good luck!

Steve
Old 07-23-2008, 08:59 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I haven't tried it yet, but on my 'things to do list' is to try some Molecule suit wash in a situation like this.
http://www.moleculelabs.com/KartSuitCare.html

I have used it on my son's karting suits and I was stunned at how the grease, fuel, oil and chain lube (stuff that nothing can take out of a suit) was removed.
Yes, I was incredibly skeptical at first, but amazed at how this stuff works (pre wash spray bottle, followed by a wash concentrate).
Old 07-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

+2 on the diluted Woolite, works beautifully and is mild.

Not sure I would try this on Porsche mats but on my wifes DD Honda I used a pressure wash on the lettering, it looks as new again. I haven't noted any adverse affects yet (been a couple of months now).

Note that the wand should be kept at a distance and set at the wand adjustment. The pinpoint adjustment will damage the fibers (ask me how I know )
Old 07-23-2008, 10:25 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 501 Likes on 344 Posts

I use portable Green Machine carpet cleaner.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:22 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure I want to chance my pressure washer on the matt or spend the cash for a carpet cleaner, but woolight sounds like a winner!
Old 07-26-2008, 04:10 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

I don't think I'd try the pressure washer either....but just give the Woolite a try...a hell of a lot less expensive and you'll be pleasantly surprised at the effectiveness....what have you got to lose? I do use it on the floor mats with great results...as well as the carpeting and even as a cleaner for the leather by using a washcloth soaked, the wrung out and rubbed over the surface, the soaked again and wrung out ....then follow up with a good leather conditoner. Beats the hell out of some of those $10 specialty items.

Quick Reply: Best product for cleaning red stitching on my Lloyds mats?