Notices

Cab rear platic window

Old 03-30-2008, 09:48 AM
rg588911
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cab rear platic window

Hi all

Im sure this has been discussed over and over again but I was wondering if you all can give me some ideas. I have a 99 cab and the plastic rear w is grey and foggy. How can I revive it?
Thanks
Ryan
Old 03-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Darryl92Cab
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try NOVUS plastic polish - there are three "grades" and you may have to experiment to see how much pressure and how much abrasiveness might be required. I had a fairly new top and new plastic on my 968 cab when I got it, so didn't have to do too much to revive it. I keep it "maintained" with regular 'ol off-the-shelf Meguires PlastX.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:30 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Darryl92Cab
Try NOVUS plastic polish - there are three "grades" and you may have to experiment to see how much pressure and how much abrasiveness might be required. I had a fairly new top and new plastic on my 968 cab when I got it, so didn't have to do too much to revive it. I keep it "maintained" with regular 'ol off-the-shelf Meguires PlastX.
+1 for Novus 1 2 3 System
Novus 1 - gently cleans all plastics without scratching, leaves a lustrous shine that resists fogging, repels dust, and eliminates static.
Novus 2 - removes fine scratches, haziness, and abrasions from most plastics (exceptional for removing scratches from Plexiglas). Use repeatedly and restore faded and discoloured plastics.
Novus 3 -removes heavy scratches and abrasions from most acrylic surfaces. Contains abrasives, not for use on eyeglasses, polycarbonate, or coated plastics, final finishing also requires the use of Novus 2 http://www.modernplastics.com.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cab rear platic window