Notices

Clear Bra on White

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 11:11 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Clear Bra on White

I now have a new 997S Coupe in White and want to do a clear bra on the front but I do not want that yellowed look that I have seen on some clear bra's on white cars.

Any certain brands of clear bra yellow faster than others?
Any products I should stay away from that will yellow the clear bra?

Also what is the best way to keep the rear fender clear protection that Porsche puts on these cars from yellowing?

thanks! Mike
Old 12-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I now have a new 997S Coupe in White and want to do a clear bra on the front but I do not want that yellowed look that I have seen on some clear bra's on white cars.

Also what is the best way to keep the rear fender clear protection that Porsche puts on these cars from yellowing?

thanks! Mike
Paint film shouldn't yellow at all now. Some old film batches from 3M did have an aging issue in which the film would yellow but I haven't seen this occur on any recent films in the last couple years.

Some films to avoid would be those with no top coat or clear coat. You can care for your film with proper washing and drying and you can use Plexus or a spray wax (non-cleaner) for upkeep.

Anthony
Old 12-20-2007, 05:46 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ultra Violet Protection; more correctly, UV absorbent, is a sacrificial ingredient that needs to be re-applied on a regular 2 – 4 month basis (dependant upon climatic conditions) - 303™ Aerospace Protectant
Old 01-06-2010, 12:32 AM
conscom
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums

thanks! Mike
Resurrecting this thread in the hopes you might be able to report on your clear bra (assuming you did go install it) installation. I have just acquired my 2007 white 997S and have heard opposing views. One installer told me it will yellow in time. The OEM film on the rear fenders yellowed badly in 2.5 years and I had to remove it. Of course, white is the worst colour for yellowing.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra on White