Notices

Ultimate or Porter?

Old 11-20-2007, 11:38 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I spent all day Saturday on my black X5 and then my Porsche 997S with my Griot's buffer, clay and there orange and red pads. I also stopped by a local place and picked up some Menzerna Finial Polish II and FMJ sealent and white and red Lake pads. I used this on the Porsche and used the Griot's Machine Polish #3 on the BMW follwed with Final polishII and then FMJ. The X5 is basically swirl free except for some minor marks on the front of the hood. I need a more intence polish and pad to knock it down a little more.
My Porsche had toweling marks/very minor swirls and is now totally swirl free.

What shocked me the most was how many people pm'd me and posted that the Griot's buffer bogs down. If you push hard enough to bog down this buffer you will be DENTING the sheet metal on the car! There is no way you can bog this buffer down without denting metal.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
What shocked me the most was how many people pm'd me and posted that the Griot's buffer bogs down. If you push hard enough to bog down this buffer you will be DENTING the sheet metal on the car! There is no way you can bog this buffer down without denting metal.
Very cool, hope you plan on posting a few before/after pics

I would be very surprised if Griots put out a product that wasn't worthy of buying. Yeah they're definitely pricey and there are cheaper similar quality alternatives but if you lack the time or patience to research what's best you can't go wrong with Griots Products.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:33 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Very cool, hope you plan on posting a few before/after pics

I would be very surprised if Griots put out a product that wasn't worthy of buying. Yeah they're definitely pricey and there are cheaper similar quality alternatives but if you lack the time or patience to research what's best you can't go wrong with Griots Products.
Sorry I did not do any pics but the Mezerna stuff and the Griot's polisher worked awesome.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ultimate or Porter?