Notices

Quick, Easy and Safe - Wash car with 3 gallons of water

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick, Easy and Safe - Wash car with 3 gallons of water

I've been wanting to do a tutorial of sorts which shows how it's possible to use only 3 gallons or less to wash ones car using Optimum's No Rinse.

I wasn't able to finish it as it kept raining but what I taped seemed to give a brief idea of how it works.

I recommend viewing the video in its original size.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...00996428313622

Anthony
Old 10-09-2007, 10:14 AM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice video Anthony, we should talk maybe DD should start carrying some.
tel: 201-233-0003
Promo code is rennlist for 10% off anything on the site
Current Sales and Updates
Old 10-09-2007, 10:46 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Funny, I always pictured you as an older dude with a grey beard for some reason!

I don't quite understand how all the dirt gets picked up by the wash mit, yet doesn't scratch the car as you go? Does the No Rinse act like a lubricant, like a car wash solution would? Also, when rinsing the mit, does all the dirt just come right out into the rinse bucket?

Finally, I assume this is an in-between wash product? I can't see how you would get serious dirt and leaves out of the drainage areas, etc without a nice stream of water from the hose?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by phil@detailersdomain
nice video Anthony, we should talk maybe DD should start carrying some.

Thanks Phil.

Talk with David @ Optimum, very nice guy and I'm sure he would love to talk with you about this or any other product.

This would be good for your side of the states as the cold winters really play hell on car washing. This can be done right in someones garage in freezing temps outside. Even though I live and work down in South Texas we do get some pretty cold temps in the winter, even a few freezes, and No Rinse saves me a lot of grief with water spraying on me in those temps.

Anthony
Old 10-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AndyK
Funny, I always pictured you as an older dude with a grey beard for some reason!

I don't quite understand how all the dirt gets picked up by the wash mit, yet doesn't scratch the car as you go? Does the No Rinse act like a lubricant, like a car wash solution would? Also, when rinsing the mit, does all the dirt just come right out into the rinse bucket?

Finally, I assume this is an in-between wash product? I can't see how you would get serious dirt and leaves out of the drainage areas, etc without a nice stream of water from the hose?
Dude.....don't get me any grey'r or older than I am already....I'm getting there fast enough on my own

What I should of explained in that video also was how No Rinse is best used with filtered water, like DI, Softwater or RO water, as the polymers within No Rinse will bond to the minerals and junk in tap water thus slightly reducing its effectiveness.

I know it's hard to wrap ones mind around but the polymers within No Rinse do grab onto or attract the dirt and gives great lubrication to the paint as you're washing. This is why I mentioned that if your car is dirty you may want to use 2 or 3 wash mitts. Trust me here, I was VERY skeptical of this when it was first sent to me to test but after some use I now use this on about 80% of my clients cars.

I have done some pretty filthy cars with No Rinse and I will demonstrate that on my next tutorial.

Anthony
Old 10-09-2007, 04:32 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
Dude.....don't get me any grey'r or older than I am already....I'm getting there fast enough on my own

I have done some pretty filthy cars with No Rinse and I will demonstrate that on my next tutorial.

Anthony
Old is relative my friend!

I would like to see how you clean a dirty car with that stuff!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AndyK
Old is relative my friend!

I would like to see how you clean a dirty car with that stuff!
I have that in the works and will post it as soon as I get it edited.

Anthony
Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 PM
evansaero
Pro

Thanks for the Vid...

Out hear in Central VA water restrictions are just starting, no rain since the 1st week of Aug. This would be a great product to have so I don't get a fine.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:37 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Anthony
Great vid...... Now I'm gonna have to order some..... Its interesting that your no rinse techinque very similar to my plain water on microfiber towels technique.....same concept...except when my "wash" (wet) towel shows dirt I spray it with the hose and typically the dirt washes away....usually when I'm about 1/2 done the "dry" towel becomes the "wash" towel and I get a fresh one to dry with....
Old 10-09-2007, 11:23 PM
06CARRERAS
6th Gear

Hey Anthony,

How does the car feel when you are done using this technique? Anytime I wash with anything other than buckets and a hose, the paint gets that gritty feel when I am done. It looks clean, just doesn't have that smooth as glass feel.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:12 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

This would be great for washing the car in the winter, inside the garage! If, and I say If, it can get salt and dirt off the car...
Old 10-10-2007, 09:24 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

anthony I'll give him a call tomorrow maybe I should stock up on this for the guys here on the east and sell the battery charges as well.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 06CARRERAS
Hey Anthony,

How does the car feel when you are done using this technique? Anytime I wash with anything other than buckets and a hose, the paint gets that gritty feel when I am done. It looks clean, just doesn't have that smooth as glass feel.

Thanks!
Hello,

The cool thing about the No Rinse is that the polymers in it will actually leave behind some protection PLUS makes your paint feel nice and slick.

So you can wax your car with the wax of your choice and then keep it looking good with the No Rinse. No Rinse will not remove your wax nor will it react in a bad way with any sealant or wax.

You can also mix it up in a spray bottle to make a quick detailer and also a clay lube.

Hope that helps...I have another video coming soon which gives a bit more detail in its use.

Anthony
Old 10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by phil@detailersdomain
anthony I'll give him a call tomorrow maybe I should stock up on this for the guys here on the east and sell the battery charges as well.
Hey Phil,

That sounds great....I already spoke with David yesterday and told him you are interested in some Optimum stuff and he said he looks forward to your call.

Take care,
Anthony
Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Black993
Drifting

amazing stuff. Look forward to the next video. I'm almost ready to order some. It just seems SO WRONG to wash a car that way though

Quick Reply: Quick, Easy and Safe - Wash car with 3 gallons of water