Maring

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:43 PM
rg588911
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Maring

Anthony or others...

I have some serious maring and dont know if I can remove. I originally thought a repaint but the cost is way too much for me. I have some confidance in my detailing but am wondering if something this bad can be corrected. Take a look at the pics and let me know your thoughts.

Thnaks

Ryan
Attached Images   
Old 07-13-2007, 02:36 AM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like challenges like the car you just posted . With lots of hard work it can be brought back to a deep flawess shine . The way I would aproach this job would
be take out the Cyclo polisher because I find it stronger than a Porter Cable for aggressive job . Use cotton pads and a good levelling compound and go for it . Afterwards you go to medium foam pads and probably same compound , then again with medium pads start using polish and do it twice over if need be . Next woud be softer foam pads and gentilier polish and keep going till satisfied all defects and blemishes are gone , then go with a 3M (dark ) glaze . Then apply a cleaner and finally whichever wax meets your approval .
I would have to see the car to decide to go with wet sanding to start but I believe the car presented in the pictures would be good to go with wool pads to start.
But any case I know myself that car could be brought to a good swirl free shine .
Chhers Guy

Last edited by briefescape; 07-13-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:43 PM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The paint finish could be restored.

How much experience do you have with a HS Rotary Polisher and / or a Porter-Cable random orbital or Colour-sanding?

The other alternative is to take it to a professional detailer
Old 07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
rg588911
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I have never used the PC but have used the cyclo. Most of my experiance was with a regular dewalt power wheel. I have not used quality polish tho. What steps would you take polish wize? what products would you use?
Thanks
Ryan

Quick Reply: Maring