Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Concours & Car Care (https://rennlist.com/forums/concours-and-car-care-86/)
-   -   Planet Earth and Car Care (https://rennlist.com/forums/concours-and-car-care/345181-planet-earth-and-car-care.html)

MoeMistry 04-16-2007 01:52 AM

Planet Earth and Car Care

I posted this on another forum I'm involved in and thought I share this here also. In the past few months, I've been going through some changes both personally and as an entrepreneur. One relevant topic that has stood out to me is social responsibility. I've been fascinated by a new series called Planet Earth. It has motivated me to make life changes in my company. I'm proud to admit I've been an eco-friendly detailer since 1997 and thank my clients and vendors for that support. Zymol has been one of the earliest companies to make organic all-natural car care products. I'm thrilled to be using another product line called Optimum that shares the same philosophy. Companies like Zymol and Optimum are on the forefront of a quantum leap in car care. I think as consumers we should be demanding products that don't hurt this planet. Products containing cheap petrochemicals, harsh acids, etc. are only there because there's a market. For the consumer to demand earth-friendly products, manufacturers must go back to the drawing board and engineer products that comply. We as a human race have the both the technical know-how and ingenuity to do this. This is a topic I feel very strong about and I hope I touch someone out there.

TOGWT 04-16-2007 08:23 AM

I applude that 'Green' mindset, do it now or be forced to comply later-- :thumbup: :thumbup:

tetzlafh 04-16-2007 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I posted this on another forum I'm involved in and thought I share this here also. In the past few months, I've been going through some changes both personally and as an entrepreneur. One relevant topic that has stood out to me is social responsibility. I've been fascinated by a new series called Planet Earth. It has motivated me to make life changes in my company. I'm proud to admit I've been an eco-friendly detailer since 1997 and thank my clients and vendors for that support. Zymol has been one of the earliest companies to make organic all-natural car care products. I'm thrilled to be using another product line called Optimum that shares the same philosophy. Companies like Zymol and Optimum are on the forefront of a quantum leap in car care. I think as consumers we should be demanding products that don't hurt this planet. Products containing cheap petrochemicals, harsh acids, etc. are only there because there's a market. For the consumer to demand earth-friendly products, manufacturers must go back to the drawing board and engineer products that comply. We as a human race have the both the technical know-how and ingenuity to do this. This is a topic I feel very strong about and I hope I touch someone out there.

+1

PorscheZen 04-17-2007 03:16 PM

That show Planet Earth... yes..
Thanks for taking the time and having the courage to speak a better truth.

MoeMistry 04-17-2007 07:40 PM

I appreciate your support guys. When you watch shows like Planet Earth and hear about the damage to the planet, it really makes you think. It's so cool to see companies like shell, chevron, fedex, ups, etc. starting to do their part. I heard today on the radio that fedex, ups, and local transportation use natural gas. I think with proper education, a desire for change, we can do our part for those to come in the future.

Paladin 04-17-2007 10:31 PM

I love the show Planet Earth - especially in HD!

And Moe, I love the CR Spotless I got from you. I can't believe how perfectly it really works! I'm looking forward to using the Zymol Concours, too. Applying it with my hands should be a real 'bonding' experience! :D

MoeMistry 04-18-2007 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Paladin
I love the show Planet Earth - especially in HD!

And Moe, I love the CR Spotless I got from you. I can't believe how perfectly it really works! I'm looking forward to using the Zymol Concours, too. Applying it with my hands should be a real 'bonding' experience! :D

HD does rule. You're welcome Paladin. I knew you'd dig the CR Spotless. It defies logic and saves a lot of time. You should have your concours wax soon. I had to wait on my Zymol shipment as it was delayed a few days. Applying wax with your bare hands really feels great and I'm sure the car will enjoy its first spa treatment ;)

Max Power 04-18-2007 02:31 PM

+1

there's now a green "Brakeleen" brake parts cleaner that's less harmful than the regular red can